Will Matusz be an ACE?

jdouble777

Is he a Boras client.....

I think I heard that Boras is rumored to be advising him but I don't think he is his agent on paper at this time.

I hope he is...That just makes it more likely he falls to us.

And yes, I have no doubt that AM will deal with Boras to get an elite SS prospect that will be close to ML ready.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I heard that Boras is rumored to be advising him but I don't think he is his agent on paper at this time.

And yes, I have no doubt that AM will deal with Boras to get an elite SS prospect that will be close to ML ready.

I know you are aware of this, but to make sure everyone is aware a draftee cannot sign with an agent and maintain his eligibility for college/HS. So, all Green can have is an advisor at this point and likely over the summer since he'd lose bargaining power if his eligibility goes out the window.

My guy said that AM dislikes Boras big time. I can't see him selecting a Boras client.

My guy said that AM dislikes Boras big time. I can't see him selecting a Boras client.

I think AM is smart enough to keep his personal feelings out of business when it comes to the draft. We drafted Wieters and Arrieta under MacPhail's watch so I don't see any reason a Boras client won't be considered for the draft if that's the guy Joe wants.

I think AM is smart enough to keep his personal feelings out of business when it comes to the draft. We drafted Wieters and Arrieta under MacPhail's watch so I don't see any reason a Boras client won't be considered for the draft if that's the guy Joe wants.

Those guys were drafted before AM got here.

Are you sure? I thought those two were drafted just before MacPhail got hired.

If there's anything we've learned, it's that our insiders always know exactly what AM is thinking.

I don't blame the team for discounting a prospect because Boras is the agent, but you don't disregard them absolutely. I can't imagine AM will.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it were true? Fans want Angelos to stay out of MacPhail's way because MacPhail knows the baseball side better, only to have MacPhail interject himself in Jordan's way...

annnnnnd boom goes the dynamite :awesome:

Wouldn't it be ironic if it were true? Fans want Angelos to stay out of MacPhail's way because MacPhail knows the baseball side better, only to have MacPhail interject himself in Jordan's way...

annnnnnd boom goes the dynamite :awesome:

That would, indeed, be frustrating.

We signed Wieters and Arrieta under MacPhail's watch, but they were drafted before he took over.

We did draft several guys in the draft this year that required big bonuses for the round they went, so if the talent is there I expect MacPhail to allow Jordan to draft it.

Those guys were drafted before AM got here.

What I meant was that MacPhail was involved in those negotiations with those two Boras clients. He may not like the guy (face it, very few people in the industry do), but I doubt MacPhail is going to say we can't draft a Boras guy because he doesn't like the guy.

Joe Jordan is a pretty smart guy and knows what these guys want to sign. He is yet to not sign a high profile guy so in the end, I'm not concerned with whoever he drafts number one. History shows the Orioles will get it done.

Archived