Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

42 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Where does Norby Play?

Likely somewhere else.  Unless he shows he's really a good outfielder, I'm not sure he sees much, if any, playing time in Baltimore.  And there are other outfielders either ahead of him (Cowser) or likely to lap him (Bradfield).  He's a classic case of a guy that needs to go to a weaker location without so many guys blocking him.  

Just now, forphase1 said:

Likely somewhere else.  Unless he shows he's really a good outfielder, I'm not sure he sees much, if any, playing time in Baltimore.  And there are other outfielders either ahead of him (Cowser) or likely to lap him (Bradfield).  He's a classic case of a guy that needs to go to a weaker location without so many guys blocking him.  

There is a path for Norby, as there will be so much left handed hitting on this team that he could carve out a 300-400 at bat role playing all over the place.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There is a path for Norby, as there will be so much left handed hitting on this team that he could carve out a 300-400 at bat role playing all over the place.

Maybe, in a utility role, but from my reading of his defense, I'm not sure he's quite good enough with the glove to really fit nicely into that role.  I think his bat plays ok, but not sure his glove will let him 'play all over the place'.  

45 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Good take.  I mostly agree although I think it’s probably a waste of time trying Horvath in the infield.   Etzel could be an interesting guy and of course it would be nice if Tavera and/or Sosa step forward at Delmarva.   I know Beavers has an unorthodox swing.   Don’t remember hearing it about Bradfield but I trust your opinion on it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2FiEaVuSZm/?igsh=ZWI2YzEzYmMxYg==

Kinda long and hitchy, but I believe in the player.  Will feel a lot better after a run of success next year.  

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

I did.  Watch it again.  He's out on his front foot.  And his hands aren't moving in concert with his hips.

Hitchy to me is dropping your hands during your load and having to bring them back up before you start your swing.   To me, his swing looks great in that video.  

23 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You’re the expert but I don’t see hitchy at all.  

Picking nits.  By hitchy I mean jerky/robotic.  Has always look kind of rigid to me.  Not super smoothed out and loose.  

Edited by emmett16

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Picking nits.  Has always look kind of rigid & jerky to me.  Not super smoothed out and loose.  

Ok.  I’m calling it now.  Double digit home runs this year if he plays in 120+ games.   I know this has nothing to do with your critique on his swing.   I just have a feeling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Hitchy to me is dropping your hands during your load and having to bring them back up before you start your swing.   To me, his swing looks great in that video.  

Well, I won't argue semantics, and we can agree to disagree, but his swing does not look smooth to me, and it's easy to see why people question the power potential.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Well, I won't argue semantics, and we can agree to disagree, but his swing does not look smooth to me, and it's easy to see why people question the power potential.

Looks smooth to me.  I also think people are underestimating his power.  He might not be a 20 homer guy but he’s not a single digit homer guy either.   Looks like he has pretty good leverage in that swing.  I guess we’ll see.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Looks smooth to me.  I also think people are underestimating his power.  He might not be a 20 homer guy but he’s not a single digit homer guy either.   Looks like he has pretty good leverage in that swing.  I guess we’ll see.

Did you look at the comments on the video?  Nobody was complimentary of the swing.

We'll have to see, and this guy brings a ton to the diamond outside of the batter's box, but that is not a swing built to drive the ball 400 feet.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Did you look at the comments on the video?  Nobody was complimentary of the swing.

I had high hopes for Bradfield until I read the instagram comments. Might as well release him now. No trade value at this point.

• Haha 3