Orioles ZiPS are out

Just Regular

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Yankees can improve a lot if they’re healthier.   That’s the reason they underperformed expectations last year by so much.   They lost 1,835 games to injury, compared to 788 for the Orioles.  I’ve been tracking injuries for about the last 12 years, and 1,835 is the largest I can ever recall, by a pretty good margin.  And it wasn’t just quantity.   They lost a lot of key guys for significant chunks of time.   

Now, will this year be better?  Hard to say.  They have a lot of older players, and old guys get hurt more and don’t recover as fast.   

They certainly aren't off to a good start on the injury front. 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Os injuries are big deals too.  Feel much better about this team if Bradish was healthy.

Oh, absolutely.  If he was healthy, I’d call our rotation excellent.  With him out, it’s still decent but nothing special.   My optimism meter on his return is pretty high right now.  I’m thinking 60% chance of a return before June 1.   How well he’ll pitch is murky.