Reimold a likely Sept call-up?

wildcard

I'd like to see him get some time in September if we have plans on giving him a serious look in LF next year.

IMO, he is putting up big numbers, when healthy, in AA and deserves strong consideration for the OD LF job.

I agree...He isn't some really young guy. Bring him up on Sept 1.

I agree...He isn't some really young guy. Bring him up on Sept 1.

That's my reason for wanting to bring him up. Ideally we'd let him see Norfolk first, but he'll be 24 soon. Time to bring up here, let him take his lumps for a month in September, and give him a legitimate shot in spring training next year.

I would say that even right now he is the best OF in our organization. I think right now, he could hit at the ML level better than Knott, Majewski, and Dubois.

I think he can hit much better than any of those guys right now. If he was healthy all season and hitting the way he has been hitting (.346/.374/.595/.969), he would already be in Baltimore, given Payton and Gibbons lackluster seasons. Being limited to 116 AA at bats thus far is the only reason he is not a sure thing to be promoted Sept 1. Let's hope he gets promoted and is able to get 15-20 starts.

LCHS really has the right idea with his signature. He has nothing left to learn in the minor leagues. For those concerned with his strikeouts, let him learn to work on that against Major League pitching. There's no reason Jay Payton needs to be in the lineup in lieu of Reimold. He is Major League ready. A lot of you just look at numbers and think because a stat line looks a certain way, you all of a sudden know how he's going to fare at the ML level. Maybe he strikes out 1 in 4.5 ABs, but from seeing him everyday, his strikeouts aren't on 3 pitches or even 5, but when he goes down, he goes down working the count.

He is one of the smartest baseball players in the system, and he really needs to be considered the frontrunner for the LF job in 2008 for the O's. Anyone who disagrees should drag his/her butt to Bowie and watch him.

Come September callups time, there won't be any compelling reason to be playing guys like Payton, Huff, and Millar on a regular basis. So why not play guys like Reimold, House, Jiminez, and Knott - so you can get a better idea of what you have? And there might not be a dropoff in production.

Come September callups time, there won't be any compelling reason to be playing guys like Payton, Huff, and Millar on a regular basis. So why not play guys like Reimold, House, Jiminez, and Knott - so you can get a better idea of what you have? And there might not be a dropoff in production.

I truly hope the FO feels this way. What are the odds?

I truly hope the FO feels this way. What are the odds?

I woudn't take Millar out of the lineup. I believe in giving young guys a chance. I don't believe in reducing the team to the point where our pitchers have no chance to win. Millar has been productive. Both offensively and defensively. Further, there's no 1B in our system who has earned a shot over him, I don't think.

LCHS really has the right idea with his signature. He has nothing left to learn in the minor leagues. For those concerned with his strikeouts, let him learn to work on that against Major League pitching. There's no reason Jay Payton needs to be in the lineup in lieu of Reimold. He is Major League ready. A lot of you just look at numbers and think because a stat line looks a certain way, you all of a sudden know how he's going to fare at the ML level. Maybe he strikes out 1 in 4.5 ABs, but from seeing him everyday, his strikeouts aren't on 3 pitches or even 5, but when he goes down, he goes down working the count.

He is one of the smartest baseball players in the system, and he really needs to be considered the frontrunner for the LF job in 2008 for the O's. Anyone who disagrees should drag his/her butt to Bowie and watch him.

That's not exactly what Bien told me a few months ago. In fact, I was told Reimold needed more experience and to be on the field every day and play the game. His ability is real high, yes. His instincts and other aspects though is where he needed improvement. Not that he was a clown of course, but that they needed honing. I can't imagine a whole lot of that happened by not playing for two-three months.

Well atleast he is doing his part to make it a tough decision on the FO. How much of a breathe of fresh air would it be to be able to plug him into LF for next year? By the way he is still hitting lefties at a 1.400 OPS!

Last 10 Games: (Current team only) Date OPP AVG AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS Aug 02 POR .000 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Aug 03 @TRE .200 5 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 Aug 04 @TRE .250 4 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 Aug 05 @TRE .000 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 Aug 06 @TRE .500 4 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 Aug 07 @REA .250 4 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 Aug 08 @REA .800 5 3 4 1 0 2 6 0 0 0 1 Aug 10 BIN .000 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 Aug 11 BIN .333 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 Aug 12 BIN .600 5 1 3 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 Totals  .342 38 7 13 2 0 3 9 3 10 1 2 

Archived