Jorge Mateo 2024

Just Regular

2 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

A dislocation would be obvious without an MRI, so that is unlikely.

MRI may have been to check on any ligament damage. To me that looked like he dislocated his elbow. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, 1fingerwillie said:

Not based on the reports coming out today that the Xrays were clean.

X-rays were always going to be clean. A break wasn't suspected. The MRI will likely reveal a dislocation or ligament damage.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Bleed Orange said:

X-rays were always going to be clean. A break wasn't suspected. The MRI will likely reveal a dislocation or ligament damage.

Probably so...but I assume they aren't as sure as us. Because otherwise someone would be up already right?

On 7/11/2024 at 3:53 PM, Sports Guy said:

Which, as someone pointed out, he had double the at bats vs righties compared to lefties.  Mateo playing vs lefties and Urias vs righties is how things should be…well Mayo should be here and neither really plays or is gone but with the way the roster is, that’s how it should be and how it should have been the last 6 or so weeks.

It’s almost impossible for a short-side platoon guy to end up facing lefties more than righties. Back when John Lowenstein was getting about 95% of his PA vs. RHP, his platoon partner Gary Roenicke was still facing RHP more than half the time.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I just figured out Mateo hurt his glove arm and NOT his throwing arm.  So even if he is very badly hurt he might make a decent comeback.

Just looking for any positive in this crap situation.