Kolten Wong flyer

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

There is no way they send him down for the 2-3 weeks and bring him up right away. They will then wait until super 2, and then come July he will be lighting up AAA and we will still wonder where the hell he is. 

Why not have him on opening day if he has a good spring that way he can be eligible for the draft pick. If he struggles you can send him down and still get the service time 

Let him have a good spring and then they can decide.  He’s not exactly tearing it up in the early going.  

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I wonder if Wong has an opt out.   If Wong stays at AAA, Norby goes to the outfield.

I just found out that Norby went to high school in the town I live in NC.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I wonder if Wong has an opt out.   If Wong stays at AAA, Norby goes to the outfield.

I wonder what happened to Wong last year?   He was very good in 2021-22, then just fell off a cliff last season.  Was he hurt?

I’m a bit surprised he had to settle for a minor league deal, despite his godawful 2023 campaign.  Good deal for us IMO.  

1 minute ago, EdwinRip said:

Might slide into that Adam Frazier spot very nicely.

If Wong makes the team and Holliday is sent to AAA, this board is going to explode.  But I’d be fine with it if Holliday looks like he needs some refining at AAA.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I wonder what happened to Wong last year?   He was very good in 2021-22, then just fell off a cliff last season.  Was he hurt?

I’m a bit surprised he had to settle for a minor league deal, despite his godawful 2023 campaign.  Good deal for us IMO.  

His defense seems to be slipping.  Even in 2022 he had a -10 OAA at 2B.   Overall he had strong fwar and rwar numbers in 21-22.    Don’t really get this move.  Backup plan if Holiday doesn’t make it was maybe some combination of Urias/Maton at 2B and Wong is competing with Maton for that spot if Holliday starts at Norfolk?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

If Wong makes the team and Holliday is sent to AAA, this board is going to explode.  But I’d be fine with it if Holliday looks like he needs some refining at AAA.  

If Wong makes the team for any reason other than injury, I'm going to explode. We have too many young, good infielders who need playing time, handedness be damned.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

If Wong makes the team for any reason other than injury, I'm going to explode. We have too many young, good infielders who need playing time, handedness be damned.

If Wong makes the team for any reason other than injury I will eat a shoe.