Leap Day: Orioles vs Pirates, in Sarasota

SteveA

Just now, Aglets said:

This isn't true, thankfully.

Burnes threw 1 inning in the first game.  22 pitches.

Today he threw 1.2 innings.   38 pitches.

Excellent, thank you.  I couldn't find a pitch count on GameDay once he left the game

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don't really get why Roch doesn't live blog these games, he's obviously down there.  Seems like a missed opportunity for a few more eyeballs/clicks on his page.

heh, i got some of those numbers from his Twitter (X) feed.  He live tweets most games.

1 hour ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Ben McDonald
Adley Rutschman
Tim Beckham
Kris Benson?

EDIT: Jackson Holliday is one of the spring training ones. Don't know who the other is.

Double EDIT: I looked up the other three. One I should have known, one I didn't know was a #1 draft pick. Also had no idea the guy whose son has played for us was ever almost traded to us.

Yes, those 4 plus Harold Baines, Delmon Young, and BJ Surhoff (edited).

The two that only wore an Oriole uniform in spring training are Jackson Holliday and Bob Horner.   At the end of his career Horner was a non-roster invitee to spring training and didn't make the team.

The one whose son played (and still plays) for the Orioles is Phil Nevin.  

Edited by SteveA
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Aglets said:

heh, i got some of those numbers from his Twitter (X) feed.  He live tweets most games.

yeah i don't really do Twitter, and I don't intend to start just to get updates on these games.  LOL.

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yes, those 4 plus Harold Baines, Delmon Young, and Tim Beckham.

The two that only wore an Oriole uniform in spring training are Jackson Holliday and Bob Horner.   At the end of his career Horner was a non-roster invitee to spring training and didn't make the team.

The one whose son played (and still plays) for the Orioles is Phil Nevin.  

I said Beckham. The one I missed is Surhoff. He's the one I should have known. Didn't know Baines went first overall.

Edited by ChosenOne21

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Nice game for Kyle Stowers - 2-2 with a walk and a homer.  Really hope he makes the team, though I have no idea how that's going to work because I also want Cowser and Kjerstad.  LOL.

Starting outfield - Cowser in center, Stowers in left, Kjerstad in right.  What's the problem?  😉

• Upvote 1