Gerrit Cole injury?

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

This would be a huge blow to the Yankees but they could aslo pivot and sign Montgomery or Snell in an instant so im not getting that pumped up over it. 

Yea they could but neither is Cole. I really like Snell but the lack of IP compared to Cole is glaring.

I have been worried they would sign Snell to pair w/ Cole.  Signing Snell to replace Cole is much less intimidating...also, this injury doesn't change the fact that any contract they sign Snell to is nearly doubled by the luxury tax implications, which I believe is the reason he isn't already a Yankee anyway (that, and maybe he wants to stay on the WC?  Why else would he prefer the Angels of all teams?)

As Hal would have to pay double on free agents with taxes, the White Sox board is probably happy at renewed Yankees interest in Dylan Cease.

Just heard a take that Rodon and Nestor aren't immaculate this spring, and if they break bad, it is Marcus Stroman, Clarke Schmidt and pray for rain.