Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

One of the highest rated YOUNGEST, CHEAPEST, and controllable pitchers in MLB (in other words he is performing at the highest level).........compared to a guy who has never performed at the highest level and in fact was one of the worst players ever in his brief time here.

Miller can help us win a WS NOW.  Next year.  And the year after.

What is JH going to do during that time?

He's going to be 26 in a month lol hardly the YOUNGEST 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

As I said....so many of you guys are basing what you see with JH based on social media hype.  He has been very good as a young player.  I agree.   I don't see elite elite elite.   You are being fooled if you do. 

And I promise you that if JH did not have the last name HOLLIDAY?  In other words not his dads last name but lets say the last name of Jackson Blow?   He would not be as hyped.   Social media these days means a lot. 

I will equate this to Bronny James who just was drafted in the NBAs 2nd round and given a guaranteed contract despite never doing much of....anything.  In fact he averaged 4 points as a Frosh at USC lol.  Give me a break.  

Again...stop thinking of JH as this amazing super duper prospect and look at real life.  What have you seen him do that is so amazing compared to MIller? 

Miller is amazing.  Can help us win now and the next 2 years.

JH?  Is not going to help this year and probably next next as well. 

Listen, we are basing things on people who have been scouting for years. We are basing things on stats that he put up that almost no MiLer has ever done.  

So, that’s scouts, arguably the smartest org in the sport right now and actual results..not to mention his age.

You are relying on yourself and I’m sorry to say, you just don’t know what you are talking about. Your opinion is just that..your opinion..and while you are entitled to it, it doesn’t make it good, valid or respected.

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

As I said....so many of you guys are basing what you see with JH based on social media hype.  He has been very good as a young player.  I agree.   I don't see elite elite elite.   You are being fooled if you do. 

And I promise you that if JH did not have the last name HOLLIDAY?  In other words not his dads last name but lets say the last name of Jackson Blow?   He would not be as hyped.   Social media these days means a lot. 

I will equate this to Bronny James who just was drafted in the NBAs 2nd round and given a guaranteed contract despite never doing much of....anything.  In fact he averaged 4 points as a Frosh at USC lol.  Give me a break.  

Again...stop thinking of JH as this amazing super duper prospect and look at real life.  What have you seen him do that is so amazing compared to MIller? 

Miller is amazing.  Can help us win now and the next 2 years.

JH?  Is not going to help this year and probably next next as well. 

Not sure anyone can be dense enough to honestly draw a parallel between Jackson and Bronny.

James was drafted to keep his father, who is an active NBA player and who had an opt out, happy.

The Lakers willingly spent a second round pick to keep LeBron happy.

If LeBron James had retired at the end of the 2023 season his son would have gone undrafted.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Listen, we are basing things on people who have been scouting for years. We are basing things on stats that he put up that almost no MiLer has ever done.  

So, that’s scouts, arguably the smartest org in the sport right now and actual results..not to mention his age.

You are relying on yourself and I’m sorry to say, you just don’t know what you are talking about. Your opinion is just that..your opinion..and while you are entitled to it, it doesn’t make it good, valid or respected.

If you want to go that way?  I agree.  I  have seen more and more scouts say that Miller is a once in a generation talent while JH is going to be good...but never great.

Glad we found common ground.

14 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

One of the highest rated YOUNGEST, CHEAPEST, and controllable pitchers in MLB (in other words he is performing at the highest level).........compared to a guy who has never performed at the highest level and in fact was one of the worst players ever in his brief time here.

Miller can help us win a WS NOW.  Next year.  And the year after.

What is JH going to do during that time?

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Where did I post all caps?  Please share..........

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Skenes is 22.

Miller is literally nearly the same age as the pitcher on the mound facing us now who the Mariners would hand us and can give near 200 innings + more for Holliday then they'd proceed to laugh at us over doing such a deal lol @ youngest 

This conversation is Exhibit A of why this board can be so annoying and toxic.  Every topic devolves into the same handful of people with a bajillion post counts nit-picking each other in the same predictable manner.

Y'all need to get a group chat/WhatsApp/Discord or something.

Edited by yark14
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So you’re saying he’s elite for his age?   Going to be an elite ML player?  Right now he’s got issues and he’s not an elite AAA player.   I suspect he’s going to turn it around at some point but he’s got a ways to go.

Yes, he’s elite for his age.  I also think he will be an elite ML player.  

15 minutes ago, yark14 said:

This conversation is Exhibit A of why this board can be so annoying and toxic.  Every topic devolves into the same handful of people with a bajillion post counts nit-picking each other in the same predictable manner.

Y'all need to get a group chat/WhatsApp/Discord or something.

Believe me, we all long for the good ole days ruled by that bastion of tolerance and liberal democracy the Sun board.

• Upvote 1