Great day to be an O’s fan

The chit show is over and the O’s have a chance to be a real MLB team with competent ownership, they can be really good for the long haul, lock up ME and his staff, give them a mid range MLB payroll and watch them roll. The ass clowns leave the circus today, this almost ranks up with the 2 O’s WS I have witnessed, WOO HOO, Give me an O , high 5s all the way around 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JimGinSP said:

I don’t seem to recall “ass clowns” being a common phrase in the time period which you may have witnessed those WS wins.  Great you’re staying relevant however. 🙄

Thanks you are never to old to learn, try it sometime you might like it👏

Edited by One eyed Bird
correction
  • Upvote 1

The correct order of things should be (1) vote, (2) gloat.   So I’ll wait until I hear something’s official.   We’re not even sure if the transaction will be effective following the vote or if there has to be a closing of some kind, and how long that might take.  We’re assuming it’s effective more or less immediately, and I hope so, but I’m awaiting confirmation that it’s done before getting too excited.  

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The correct order of things should be (1) vote, (2) gloat.   So I’ll wait until I hear something’s official.   We’re not even sure if the transaction will be effective following the vote or if there has to be a closing of some kind, and how long that might take.  We’re assuming it’s effective more or less immediately, and I hope so, but I’m awaiting confirmation that it’s done before getting too excited.  

According to an article in the  Sun today, ownership transfers immediately upon the yes  vote, great thing is you know the other owners are as glad to be rid of this fine family as we are, its a done deal today 

Edited by One eyed Bird
  • Upvote 2

Yep, the poor new owners are buying a franchise in such poor shape. 101 win season, new stadium contract, top rated farm system, new developmental program in the DR......such a mess, so many problems to solve.

• Upvote 1

all this after King Pete became incapacitated , under his watch the O’s had the worst minor league system in baseball and their DR program was nonexistent a complete joke. ME gets the credit, Pete had absolutely nothing to do with any of that 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, One eyed Bird said:

all this after King Pete became incapacitated , under his watch the O’s had the worst minor league system in baseball and their DR program was nonexistent a complete joke. ME gets the credit, Pete had absolutely nothing to do with any of that 

Alright, I guess you just came to tap dance on the recently deceased's grave.  

I hope you feel better about yourself.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Lol suddenly this board is the biggest Peter Angelos fan club. Can’t make this stuff up. 

He oversaw 14 straight losing years and was by-and-large considered one of the worst owners in the sport. Those are just facts. I didn’t want to post that on the thread announcing his death out of respect, but the fact is, having the Angeloses out of the picture is the best thing that could have happened for this franchise, way more important than any FA signing or trade. We don’t need to sugarcoat his tenure here. 

I am not nor will ever be a fan of the Angeloses. However, due to his recent death, I have refrained from expressing criticisms recently.

Having stated the above, I agree with what you mentioned, transitioning away from the Angelos family is the best outcome for us fans.

No one is sugarcoating anything but that's history. In my opinion, there is no need to keep repeating what has been said on here ad-nauseum. Nothing said can change yesterday. It serves absolutely no purpose. It's a new season - a new time. That is what I plan to celebrate. We have a good team, a solid structure, and new ownership. Play ball!!!!

This board can be such a wet blanket. If I have a nit to pick with the OP, it's the thread title. It should have been something like "O's get new ownership today, it's a great day to be an O's fan" or something like that.

This is a day we've been waiting on for 2 decades. I'm actually a big fan of what John Angelos did here, but his way will only work during a rebuild. 

Today should be a joyous day. There's nothing wrong with rejoicing.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Where's the evidence on this scorching hot take?

There were some pretty wild things said in the thread announcing his death -- stuff that wasn't true and didn't need to be said. I remember responding to a post that said his overall tenure as owner was positive for the franchise. 

Nobody in their right mind would actually believe that. 

• Upvote 1