2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

12 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

What other player is he blocking? Every team has platoon players. 

I guess it’s an out. Plus if you have an advantage for 3 at bats of 4 instead of one of 4 is that a bad thing?

So your argument is based around the idea that the O's don't have anyone better than a guy putting up -.6 rWAR.

What other contending team is putting out a lineup with multiple guys below replacement level?

O's have three and another guy at .2.  (I'll give a pass to Jackson but if I didn't list him I'd have heard about it)

• Upvote 1

What am I missing? Who besides Adley isn't in the lineup that should be and Adley isn't exactly The Judge right now. Mullins? OHearn? Who are you going to sit for Sneaky Pop? Did I miss where Hyde made all the trades at the deadline or asked for these guys? McCann will catch some games. All this complaining we just need Roy to jump in here and proclaim they'll get shut out and then we will score 15 runs. Way our pitching is going we may need to. Ladies and Gentlemen - your World Series lineup!!!! Ain't the beer cold?

2 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

What am I missing? Who besides Adley isn't in the lineup that should be and Adley isn't exactly The Judge right now. Mullins? OHearn? Who are you going to sit for Sneaky Pop? Did I miss where Hyde made all the trades at the deadline or asked for these guys? McCann will catch some games. All this complaining we just need Roy to jump in here and proclaim they'll get shut out and then we will score 15 runs. Way our pitching is going we may need to. Ladies and Gentlemen - your World Series lineup!!!! Ain't the beer cold?

Going to need something stronger than beer with this lineup.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He doesn’t fit right now is the bottom line. Cowser is hot. They aren’t sitting O’Hearn. 

As you mentioned he has had some bad luck. He was doing well then gets beaned. Cowser and Mullins step up.  

They should have upgraded the center field position at the deadline more imo because they do use a platoon a lot because of Mullins not hitting lefties.  They traded for Jimenez and Slater when they could have just got one solid guy and then used Mayo more.  Now the Westburg injury does get Mayo up but not sure he comes up without the injury. 

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So your argument is based around the idea that the O's don't have anyone better than a guy putting up -.6 rWAR.

What other contending team is putting out a lineup with multiple guys below replacement level?

O's have three and another guy at .2.  (I'll give a pass to Jackson but if I didn't list him I'd have heard about it)

The Guardians do play with terrible offensive shortstops and catchers every game, the Yankees play with D.J., Grisham, and Jones a lot.  

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It’s based around the idea they think he is 20-23 player. His career OPS including this year is .799 vs LHP. They are buying into his skill set. Jimenez is a DH vs LHP. 

They are starting vs LHP. One is starting at DH. They are playing specific roles. Not being everyday players.  

3 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

The Guardians do play with terrible offensive shortstops and catchers every game, the Yankees play with D.J., Grisham, and Jones a lot.  

The Guardians Catcher is at .2 rWAR, like McCann.  Their shortstop is at 1.3 rWAR.

Of the three Yankees you mentioned only one is currently below replacement level.

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s based around the idea they think he is 20-23 player. His career OPS including this year is .799 vs LHP. They are buying into his skill set. Jimenez is a DH vs LHP. 

They are starting vs LHP. One is starting at DH. They are playing specific roles. Not being everyday players.  

And I think one isn't worth a roster spot.

24 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

They should have upgraded the center field position at the deadline more imo because they do use a platoon a lot because of Mullins not hitting lefties.  They traded for Jimenez and Slater when they could have just got one solid guy and then used Mayo more.  Now the Westburg injury does get Mayo up but not sure he comes up without the injury. 

So you wanted Pillar ? 

It will be nice if/when Holliday earns the leadoff spot permanently. He's the obvious fit there.

Cowser happened to hit well out of that spot for the past few weeks, but he has way too much swing and miss to be bat first.

Gunnar can hit anywhere in the lineup, but some of his power is wasted when he's crushing solo homers out of the leadoff spot.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

It will be nice if/when Holliday earns the leadoff spot permanently. He's the obvious fit there.

Cowser happened to hit well out of that spot for the past few weeks, but he has way too much swing and miss to be bat first.

Gunnar can hit anywhere in the lineup, but some of his power is wasted when he's crushing solo homers out of the leadoff spot.

We haven't had to worry about this for about a month.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The Guardians Catcher is at .2 rWAR, like McCann.  Their shortstop is at 1.3 rWAR.

Of the three Yankees you mentioned only one is currently below replacement level.

You can’t look at WAr because most the guys in the lineup tonight are part time players so they won’t have much WAR.   The Guardians guys are full time players that are at least good defense guys so will have higher WAR from that. 

There offensive game though is terrible  Ops+ There catchers Hedges is 23(yes 23) and Naylor is 74,  There SS Rocchino is 73, and 2nd baseman  Gimenez is 78.   McCann at 75 is better then there starter at 74.  Slater is 60 ( they should have upgraded this position I agree there). Jimenez is 81 but does hit lefties well and has hit good in past.