2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

It just feels like to me they are all pressing right now. They aren't sneaking up on anyone this year and they don't seem to be playing loose. I have a good feeling once the ASG stuff is over and they are back into their routine, they'll play better baseball. These are young kids getting a ton of national attention and expectation, they'll get through it.

1 minute ago, Bleed Orange said:

6. Hays

7. Mateo

8. Mullins

9. McCann

what are we doing? this is the best bottom of the lineup we can put out? We need WINS

Hays has a .952 OPS over the last 28 days and a .955 against LHP this season...that's not the issue here. 

At this point the orioles should send Cowser down.  I think Cowser should be playing almost every day but if they want to play him vs some lefties and no righties then he isn’t needed on the roster.  Mullins has seized  the starting role back somehow.

2 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

Also the orioles seem to have no intentions to play kjerstad against lefties.

Which is just idiocy instead we get McCann starting 40% of the time this season. McCann hasn't hit off of southpaws the last two seasons and yet he seems to be the default starting catcher against LHP.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• They scored 5 runs last night, 18 the night before.   They may not have any bona fide prospects remaining, but the older guys there can still hit.   
    • Watching Cleveland stringing together hits  stealing bases, taking extra bases, and generally putting pressure on the defense reminded me of what I enjoyed so much about watching the Os play in the first half of the season.  Yes, the Os hit a lot of home runs,  but they were aggressive on the basepaths and stole bases.   They were an exciting team to watch.   Now it seems like we don't even get on base and when we do,  we don't get those hits that allow runners to advance and put pressure on the defense.   We are an incredibly boring offensive team right now.   A complete 180 from the early season.  I won't even discuss the defense right now.   We are giving up two runs on sacrifice flies.  Talk about productive outs.
    • ROY eligibility is also days on roster which is 45.  I'm almost sure he has exceeded that.
    • That’s strange. Try this one. This should take you directly to the box score. You may still have to click on Diablos Rojos to switch to their box.  https://www.milb.com/gameday/conspiradores-vs-diablos-rojos/2024/07/26/770200/final/box For now, here’s a screen capture of the pitching lines for Diablos Rojos from that game:
    • As it pertains to the offense, there continues to be this notion that all they do is hit HRs and don’t get on base — and that this is a big part of the skid they’re currently on. But during the 36-game span we’re talking about, they’re actually 7th in all of baseball in OBP (at .328 as a team). They’ve actually gotten significantly better in this area during the rough patch (previously 13th with a .314 OBP). That isn’t the reason the team is going poorly. Two things I haven’t seen mentioned: 1. Baserunning. Prior to June 21, they were 6th in the league in baserunning runs, totaling 4.4 runs above average per FG. Since that day, they’re dead last in all of baseball, at a woeful -3.2 runs over the last 37 games. They’ve left a lot of runs out there with caught stealings and bad sends in particular. 2. RISP hitting. Since the slide started, they’re hitting .223 with RISP, which places them 25th in the league. The teams worse than them (TBR, SEA, CHW, ATL, COL) are all among the lowest-scoring offenses over this span.    I don’t know what to do about the baserunning. It’s been pretty bad…I hope it gets better. I’m not very optimistic that it will, with Westburg/Mateo/Hays out and Holliday/Mayo/Jimenez in. As for the clutch hitting, I actually consider that a positive thing, because I think it’s mostly a luck/timing/“pressing” thing. These guys were good at hitting with RISP before June 21 (7th in MLB), they were good at it all of last year (1st in MLB), and they’ll likely be good at it again soon. Because they’re good hitters. It’s actually pretty remarkable that they’re still 9th in the league in runs during this brutal stretch despite being so bad with RISP.
    • I am sure there was a price to get one of the top guys.  Just no one wanted to pay it.  Who knows what that really is.  Maybe this off season will be a little more reasonable. 
  • Popular Contributors