2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Not sure where you got that stat but Ohtani, Judge, and Witt Jr all 3 best hitter in baseball bat 1-2 in the lineup.

Judge bats 3rd, Ramirez bats 3rd as well.  It all really depends on what other players you have on and speed in the lineup. I also prefer a left handed hitter to bat 3rd over 1st so they get the open hole more often between 1st and 2nd baseman.  Some guys don’t like hitting 1st either because they want to get a look at the pitcher from the un deck circle a time or two first.  

Just now, MDK02 said:

I really like Cowser at the 1 spot. He seems to be thriving there as well. Will it last? Let's hope!

As long as he keeps walking, working the county, hitting the ball hard and using all fields, he will be fine.  The results weren’t there for a few months but he was doing all of those things, which is why many of us weren’t worried about the results because we felt they would come.

3 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I really like Cowser at the 1 spot. He seems to be thriving there as well. Will it last? Let's hope!

I feel like he's there just because no one else really fits right now. Cowser has way too much swing and miss to his game to be a long-term leadoff hitter. He also isn't terrorizing any pitchers/catchers on the bases.

Holliday is the leadoff prince that was promised.

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Of note Jimenez is at DH with O'Hearn playing in LF tonight.

Orioles at Blue Jays | O’s Starting Lineup | MASN2 | 7:07 p.m.  CF - Cowser RF - Santander SS - Henderson LF - O’Hearn C - Rutschman 1B - Mountcastle DH - Jiménez 2B - Holliday 3B - Urías P - Rodriguez  The graphic features an image of Gunnar throwing his bat to the side after drawing a walk.

I suspeccted they would start finding ways to sit Mullins a bit more often even vs RH pitchers.   I thought Slater might get a start vs a righty, but instead they moved O'Hearn to the OF so that Mounty/Jiminez/Santander all got to play as well.