Coby Mayo 2024

Tony-OH

46 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I actually think it should be Cowser. If you are serious about Kjerstad getting playing time, Mullins and Cowser are redundant.

Even with his slump, I think Cowser is a better bet going forward than Mullins or Hays right now. But regardless, unless they are going to have Mateo or Hays be the backup CF, they need Cowser or someone else in his roster spot for that. And I don’t think they’re willing to put Mateo or Hays out there in CF because they’ve been running Mullins or Cowser out there against LHP all year.

I’d like to see them play Mateo in CF so they can have Hays LF, Westburg 2B and Mayo or Urias 3B against LHP. But there hasn’t been any indication that’s on the table. 

I'd like to see Mayo up and up soon but I think they do a Gunnar 2022 and bring him up late enough in the season to get a whiff, retain ROY status for 2025 and he's starting next year.  

Urias is gone either at the trade deadline this year or in the offseason.  Gonna be hard for Holliday to crack an infield of Mayo, Gunnar, Westburg and Mounty.  

1 hour ago, Malike said:

376 to LF in OPACY is a shallow fly ball!

In that spot, it’s likely a homer.  It’s 333 down the line and then 384 where the angle of the wall changes.  From the looks of that ball, it would have been left of the 384 marker where the wall gets shorter rapidly.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

In that spot, it’s likely a homer.  It’s 333 down the line and then 384 where the angle of the wall changes.  From the looks of that ball, it would have been left of the 384 marker where the wall gets shorter rapidly.  

I was joking, he pulled it down the line. Not that I have any worries at all about him pulling balls in OPACY, enough of them will clear it when he gets into one.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd like to see Mayo up and up soon but I think they do a Gunnar 2022 and bring him up late enough in the season to get a whiff, retain ROY status for 2025 and he's starting next year.  

Urias is gone either at the trade deadline this year or in the offseason.  Gonna be hard for Holliday to crack an infield of Mayo, Gunnar, Westburg and Mounty.  

Agreed. If Mayo can handle 3B defensively, then Holliday needs to learn to play CF. That’s actually seems to me to be the ideal scenario. Solves all the foreseeable longterm problems. Otherwise, Mayo needs to learn to play RF this offseason with Westburg moving to 3B and Jackson playing 2B. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah I fully expect Urias to be part of a trade for pitching. Maybe he helps soften the prospect blow a little bit.