Grayson Rodriguez 2024

Spy Fox

Twenty some pitches into the second inning yet goes seven. I thought the game was over early. I get more impressed with GRod the more I see him. He pitches with a controlled edge. I like it! Great Win. Two spectacular games. Can't wait until tomorrow. I'll take a late 22 Baker too. And, my man Mullins is starting to smile again - just a little! The beer be cold.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

That was real impressive today. Big time effort. Early on I was a bit concerned. 

Now we will see him pitch the last game in NY I would imagine. 

He might match up with Cole unless the Yankees get aggressive and pitch Cole on 4 days rest for the Wed game.

• Like 1

I was curious how GRod would pitch given that huge crowd and electric atmosphere. I feel like he has a tendency to get too amped up and overthrow. Granted I didn’t start watching until inning 3, but he looked absolutely in control and executed his pitches.  Certainly a big step forward as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, IPlayGM said:

I was curious how GRod would pitch given that huge crowd and electric atmosphere. I feel like he has a tendency to get too amped up and overthrow. Granted I didn’t start watching until inning 3, but he looked absolutely in control and executed his pitches.  Certainly a big step forward as far as I’m concerned.

He definitely overthrows at times.  To lefties, it’s normally the high and outside overthrow and to righties it’s normally the non competitive high fastball.

But overall, he’s really pitching at a high level. 

Part of the reason offense is down is because of arms like Rodriguez.  

The long innings yesterday momentarily enabled him to regain "qualified" status with 70.1 innings in 70 team games.

Mid-June Fangraphs has 74 arms keeping the pace.    Grayson lands:

3rd in PitchingBot estimated ERA

5th in Stuff+

10th in Fastball velocity

27th in ERA

24th in K-bb

34th in fWAR

Past 1 Calendar Year, he and Zack Wheeler have the same ERA.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The long innings yesterday momentarily enabled him to regain "qualified" status with 70.1 innings in 70 team games.

Mid-June Fangraphs has 74 arms keeping the pace.    Grayson lands:

3rd in PitchingBot estimated ERA

5th in Stuff+

10th in Fastball velocity

27th in ERA

24th in K-bb

34th in fWAR

Past 1 Calendar Year, he and Zack Wheeler have the same ERA.

I don't understand how we still question his legitimacy as a TOR.  He may not be a bona fide ace yet, but he's a top 30 arm.

16 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Gotta think he's got a good chance at getting selected for the All Star Game along with Burnes and maybe Kimbrell

I was just looking at last year’s all star team to get an idea of how many starting pitchers got selected.  When did all star rosters get so bloated?   Last year the AL all stars included 40 players, including 12 starting pitchers and 5 relievers.  That’s ludicrous!  If there’s 12 starters, yes I’d say Grayson has a shot.