Orioles attendance 2024

22 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The increases of ticket prices on season plans could affect total attendance next season, even if the team is good. Offseason acquisitions and the way this team plays in the playoffs will also go a long way in deciding attendance next year.

Seems the Orioles have decided that less people paying more money is the better model for them.

It’s the model that’s being used around MLB and reports of us shrinking our stadium size over the past few years in remodel plans is telling, including having some of the upper deck sections not sold at all.  

I mean, WWE hasn’t been more than a full year away from Vince McMahon calling the shots, and they’ve already announced a huge, planned reduction in their live show model over the next two years.  Which has already been a thing since they returned from Covid anyway.  

Just across the beltway, Dan Snyder kept shrinking his stadium, sold the least amount of merchandise, but still kept making money.  

They will sell out big games for sure.  I made some good money off the Phillies, Braves, Red Sox, Yankees series.  But I took a loss on a lot of games, especially near the end of the summer as the swoon took effect.  

The wife and I have some life things which may cause us not to renew, but we didn’t even do playoff tickets this year (thought we’d be moving an hour south of where we are now, so a two hour drive to Baltimore) but even staying where we are, it’s not a priority anymore.  

• 2 weeks later...