Austin Hays 2024

ShoelesJoe

5 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I thought about this but was scared to mention it. 

Norby or Burdick are the best fits to compliments the LHH OFs, but they aren’t on the 40 man. So that’s an issue. I don’t know where Stowers or Kjerstad fit. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Norby or Burdick are the best fits to compliments the LHH OFs, but they aren’t on the 40 man. So that’s an issue. I don’t know where Stowers or Kjerstad fit. 

40 man isn't really a problem.

The inevitable move tomorrow is Banuelos getting DFA'd again, which will create a spot on the 40, and they hope Banuelos will once again pass through waivers and rejoin Norfolk/Taxi Squad.

20 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Why not Norby.  He’s been playing LF and they can add him to the 40 man when Bañuelos is DFA again.

If they don’t call up Norby now, that tells us (and any potential trade partners) that they don’t think he can play an adequate LF. They don’t need McKenna’s defense in CF or as a defensive replacement, Norby is a much better player than McKenna as a LF if he can play it defensively at all. Norby deserves a shot, he’s only going to get it via an injury, it should be now. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Can't option McKenna after right? They would have to expose him to waivers I think.

Correct, although they probably feel there's a good chance he would clear waivers again.

9 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

If they don’t call up Norby now, that tells us (and any potential trade partners) that they don’t think he can play an adequate LF. They don’t need McKenna’s defense in CF or as a defensive replacement, Norby is a much better player than McKenna as a LF if he can play it defensively at all. Norby deserves a shot, he’s only going to get it via an injury, it should be now. 

May not want to use a 40 man spot for him until they want him up more regularly. Can rotate guys around last 40 man spot. Almost like options for last reliever in pen.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

May not want to use a 40 man spot for him until they want him up more regularly. Can rotate guys around last 40 man spot. Almost like options for last reliever in pen.  

Stowers or Kjerstad? 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I really doubt there will ever be a situation to have Norby playing "more regularly" than now. Once Mayo and Kjerstad are up, it would take multiple injuries before Norby would ever see regular at bats. Even now, it would be a platoon situation. Norby is the best candidate to fill Hays' roster spot. But Elias has an absurd infatuation with Ryan McKenna (the guy Elias loves even though no one baseball claimed him for the bare minimum off waivers), so there's a good chance McKenna will be back up.