Colton Cowser 2024

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Volpe. Lol not volleyball love autocorrect.

To be fair, they could have rolled a volleyball down the 3B line and it would have still been safe on that throw.

51 minutes ago, Malike said:

To be fair, they could have rolled a volleyball down the 3B line and it would have still been safe on that throw.

Exactly, the issue is not arm strength it's accuracy which was discussed in another thread-it's a problem.  I think Cowser has looked much better in the field this year and could be the long term answer in LF, he's so fluid for his size, I think the routes will improve but the arm.....When he is struggling at the plate it seems to affects his confidence/defense.  He's also struggling to advance runners.

11 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Exactly, the issue is not arm strength it's accuracy which was discussed in another thread-it's a problem.  I think Cowser has looked much better in the field this year and could be the long term answer in LF, he's so fluid for his size, I think the routes will improve but the arm.....When he is struggling at the plate it seems to affects his confidence/defense.  He's also struggling to advance runners.

Yeah, I'd put Hays' shot of throwing him out from that distance at about 80%+. He was completely dead to rights on a decent throw, it's a shame he chucked it 100 feet away. Hopefully, it's something he can get better at. His throws to third seem okay, but his throws to home are pretty brutal.

It was an absolutely awful throw.  In my mind, something to just keep an eye on if it becomes a recurring thing.  He's started to slump a bit at the plate recently but so does everybody?  Don't see people calling to sit Adley or Gunnar down after ten tough games (not saying people here necessarily are)?

I keep running him out there, maybe sit him against tougher lefties.  But to be fair the other question is, who are you replacing him with?

My view is let him work through and I think he'll be fine. 

31 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yeah, I'd put Hays' shot of throwing him out from that distance at about 80%+. He was completely dead to rights on a decent throw, it's a shame he chucked it 100 feet away. Hopefully, it's something he can get better at. His throws to third seem okay, but his throws to home are pretty brutal.

Sure seems like the book must be out regarding Cowser’s arm, huh? The 3rd base coach sending the runner was pretty telling.  

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Birdland in NC said:

Sure seems like the book must be out regarding Cowser’s arm, huh? The 3rd base coach sending the runner was pretty telling.  

He played the Soto ball to LF into a triple too. After seeing reviews on it and all of the photos of it, it's becoming a meme. He overran the ball and it was a totally awkward-looking attempt the whole way.  

Edited by Malike