Colton Cowser 2024

2 hours ago, Malike said:

He's obviously cooling off some, I don't think anyone believed he would be 1.000+ OPS guy with a .350 BA. Strikeouts are 30% but he did take 3 walks yesterday if memory serves. I've slept since that game.

He's still OPSing .883 in the past 7 days despite cooling off!  Having good plate discipline helps him a lot.

8 minutes ago, Hallas said:

He's still OPSing .883 in the past 7 days despite cooling off!  Having good plate discipline helps him a lot.

For sure, I don't think any rational person thought he was a 1.200 OPS guy. His sample size is still small but I'd be happy with a .750-.780 OPS for the season.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

For sure, I don't think any rational person thought he was a 1.200 OPS guy. His sample size is still small but I'd be happy with a .750-.780 OPS for the season.

I for one was expecting him to OPS 1.400 for the entire year and break Ruth's record for single-season WAR.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Natty said:

Cowser's batting avg has dropped over 100 points in the last 2 weeks. 

OMG we've missed peak trade value!!

There might still be a few people around here who still think this way.

10 hours ago, Malike said:

Starting point has changed.  Given the fact he has approx 1/7th of his season in the books at 1.139, to OPS just .780 for the season, he'd have to drop off to under .730 the rest of the way.  That sort of drop off wouldn't be acceptable to me.

I'd like him to OPS .800 the rest of the way for roughly .850 for the season.  The more they use him in a platoon role, the better I think that number might be.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

BB:K ratio is the sexy number, but Indians shortstop Charlie Hollocher has a mark that may never be beaten: In 1922 he had five strikeouts and 29 caught stealing. That's 5.8 CS for every K.

He had a BB:K ratio of 11.6:1, but a stolen base percentage of 40% on 48 attempts.

It was the 20's...why was he running at all?  :)