4/7 at Pirates

Morgan423

Just now, O's84 said:

Honestly its very believable.  The pen was not upgraded and it's a bit too shaky.

That said, the offense has also been slumping.  Some of our hitters are black holes right now.

It's unlikely a trade is going to happen for a bullpen arm right now, but there are certainly moves to be made that can jump start this offense.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Honestly its very believable.  The pen was not upgraded and it's a bit too shaky.

That said, the offense has also been slumping.  Some of our hitters are black holes right now.

There are two starters that are supposed to be in the pen. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TopGunnar said:

Jesus Gunnar. Kid is so spastic out there. Calm down 

He tried to hurry the throw. If he make an accurate throw he probably has the game ending DP and is the hero. Unfortunately he did not and the Orioles lose. 

When you only score two runs and you don't have your closer available, it's not a good recipe for success. 

The Orioles 5-4 this season but could easily be 3-6 if not for the late game heroics/oter team bullpen meltdown. 

The entire team has gone cold at the plate. It looks doubly bad because of how hot the Tides hitting has been.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

5-4. They are already at an inflection point in the season. You don't want to fall to .500 if you have Playoff & World Series aspirations.

I am disappointed with today's game, as well, but inferring that they're at a gut check moment heading into Game 10 at 5-4 is preposterous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

We just dont have the bullpen pieces. We cant close games. Bautista's injury hurts us so much. 

Yeah, he covered up for a lot last year. I still think this is a much better team than last year overall,  but they way overachieved in close games. They were bound to come back to earth anyway, but losing Felix makes it much worse. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

He tried to hurry the throw. If he make an accurate throw he probably has the game ending DP and is the hero. Unfortunately he did not and the Orioles lose. 

When you only score two runs and you don't have your closer available, it's not a good recipe for success. 

The Orioles 5-4 this season but could easily be 3-6 if not for the late game heroics/oter team bullpen meltdown. 

The entire team has gone cold at the plate. It looks doubly bad because of how hot the Tides hitting has been.

He reminds me a bit of young Kobe.  Super confident and would try to do too much at times.  Hopefully he matures the same. 

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

5-4. They are already at an inflection point in the season. You don't want to fall to .500 if you have Playoff & World Series aspirations.

The 2023 team started out 4-5 in their first 9...it turned out ok. I don't believe there's anymore aspirations this season than there were last year. If so, they would have done a little more to get the BP straightened out before the season began.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

I said that a few days ago and I was told I was overreacting.

Maybe I'm indeed overreacting about the offense. They were good last year and will be good again this year. What won't change is the bullpen sucking. They sucked last year without Batista (even with him) and they will continue to suck. It was the achilles hill last year, and nothing was done to fix it, apparently.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

There are two starters that are supposed to be in the pen. 

Elias knew about Bradish well prior to the season.  Means is a question mark as well.  If he grabbed another starter he could of pushed Wells to the pen, fortifying it.

• Upvote 1