Jackson Baumeister 2024

Frobby

3 hours ago, Paul in Virginia said:

In the video, man does he fall off to 1st base side. Looks like a nasty reliever type, kinda like inverse of Coulombe. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Say O! said:

In the video, man does he fall off to 1st base side. Looks like a nasty reliever type, kinda like inverse of Coulombe. 

That's the way Bob Gibson fell off the mound.

50 minutes ago, Say O! said:

Yeah that’s pretty extreme fall off. I would imagine that has something to do with the walks. Doesn’t look fully in control.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Yeah that’s pretty extreme fall off. I would imagine that has something to do with the walks. Doesn’t look fully in control.

Yeah, not crazy about those mechanics or lack of balance.  Nolan McLean looked better and Sproat looked even better previous in the series.  Plus, it sounded like Baumeister was only 92/93. 

P.S.  Sproat has bad walk numbers but looked really good when I saw him.

Edited by RZNJ

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, not crazy about those mechanics or lack of balance.  Nolan McLean looked better and Sproat looked even better previous in the series.  Plus, it sounded like Baumeister was only 92/93. 

P.S.  Sproat has bad walk numbers but looked really good when I saw him.

Yeah, I thought the velo was supposed to be higher at the time that he was drafted.  

Edited by baltfan

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Yeah, I thought the velo was supposed to be higher at the time that he was drafted.  

Baseball America says  sits 93 and touches 98.   Hopefully he can sit at least closer to 95 in time.

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2024 at 2:00 PM, Jim'sKid26 said:

I feel like the reliever risk is high with this player. While he throws 4 pitches, it sounds like (from @Tony-OH's scouting) that he really pitches off a FB/SL combination. Command/Control is not great but the FB gets swings/misses. That's a profile for a reliever. What am I missing?

Way too early for me to get reliever vibes from him yet. My report was from one outing and he's only a few games into his professional career. Not a fan though of how he falls off the mound and the velocity so far this year has not been elite (92-94 from what I've seen).

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2024 at 8:28 AM, baltfan said:

The velo will pick up when the weather does. It’s a lot different pitching in the mid Atlantic in rainy April /May versus Florida in the dog days of summer with humidity. 

He’ll be alright. Looks good so far. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The velo will pick up when the weather does. It’s a lot different pitching in the mid Atlantic in rainy April /May versus Florida in the dog days of summer with humidity. 

He’ll be alright. Looks good so far. 

Hope so.