Holliday called up!

jcaponio

I don’t see any logical reason he didn’t start the season, and as has been noted, his absence arguably cost at least one win, because with him, weaker players would have been on the bench..

But it could have been worse!

So who’s getting the axe? Surely not Kemp? 

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Thanks. Looks like they just wanted to avoid him facing a bunch of left-handers, then use the excuse that he needs more ABs against left handed pitching. Can't make this stuff up.

Makes sense.  My take is that they prob still think he isn’t quite ready but don’t want to get Adley’d so they kept him down until they absolutely had to bring him up.  

• Upvote 1

Nothing on the official transactions pages yet, but they have a few hours if they're just wanting to get him to Boston in time for tomorrow's game.   Assuming this is true.

Edited by Morgan423

6 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Glad to have been proven wrong.  But honestly this makes me question the decision to not have him on the roster for opening day.  Did he REALLY get that much better at 2nd base or against LHP in the past 2 weeks to justify this now?  Again, VERY glad he is coming up, but it's also a bit head scratching when looking at it overall.  

Agreed. Hopefully Westburg isn't hurt, it was odd that Mateo pinch hit (technically replaced him in the field) for him today instead of Westburg. At the time, I just chalked it up as yet another bad Hyde lineup/bench decision.

Would you believe DL Hall is the Friday 4/12 probable if they hold it for the homestand?

Or is he in Boston now getting ready for Red Sox righthanders the next two days.

Cowser completing his rookie integration today looks like it may have helped a fellow farmhand out!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Remember The Alomar said:

I realize I'm falling into the dumb small-sample size fallacy, but could it be as simple as them wanting him to see if he could hit LHP then he then (in only five games) put up a 1.375 OPS?

Not waiting another 5 days to accrue extra service time is a very un-Elias move. Makes me think there's an injury which led to the move.

• Upvote 1