David Rubenstein 2024

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It’s like a 100% reversal in every way from the previous ownership. 

I looked the other day and it seems the PR type guys from the previous administration are still in their jobs.  At least, they still have their titles.   

21 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It’s like a 100% reversal in every way from the previous ownership. 

I think we'll look back on DR's purchasing of the team as the most important moment in franchise history.

Sure, the opening of Camden Yards, The Streak, the dominant teams in the 70's, hiring of Elias, etc,  are all up there...but ever since the Nats move to DC and stole a significant portion of our fanbase and revenue, we've desperately needed an ownership group that brings energy and is willing to spend money (jury is still out on the latter, but all indications are that DR intends to spend).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I've been an Oriole fan for about 64 years.,I've seen  and  knew every owner from Jerry Hoffenberger, to EBW, to Angelos....I've NEVER seen an owner take on this kind of playful, self effacing, and fan friendly role especially THIS soon. David seems like he's having fun and he likes the deadpan approach to his answers to reporters questions. I cant believe how loveable this owner is already. The fans dig him.How about him signing autographs in the bleachers and spraying some fans in the Splash zone? Only Bill Veeck comes to mind in terms of an irreverent, fan friendly owner.This man is winning the hearts of O's fans..and it's going to pay off because fans like friendly atmosphere and humor....I love this guy...

The honeymoon phase is in full effect, the vast majority of people here will turn on him on a dime if he doesn't spend big money.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I looked the other day and it seems the PR type guys from the previous administration are still in their jobs.  At least, they still have their titles.   

Pretty sure Jon is still a minority owner in the background too, at least until the completion of the deal now that Peter has passed. When they agreed to the deal it was weeks prior to Peter's passing, so there probably a grace period of adjustment before the finality of the overall deal kicks in.

6 minutes ago, Birdland in NC said:

He is, but he’s being himself.  His personality is the same on his podcast interviewing CEO’s as it is when he’s talking to fans.   He’s just cool.  

He definitely doesn't come off as the average billionaire sports team owner.  Will be better received by the people of Baltimore for sure.  Peter sort of had that I'm elite and high class aspect to him and John was just an a hole. 

1 hour ago, Malike said:

The honeymoon phase is in full effect, the vast majority of people here will turn on him on a dime if he doesn't spend big money.

Not if we win.  I am pretty confident he will spend at least the middle level of baseball payrolls.  And we can compete at that level if we are well run.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah people are forgetting Angelos was a savior and excellent owner his first few years. He spent money and brought exciting players to the team.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2024 at 11:03 AM, RZNJ said:

It’s gotta be extra fun to get hosed down by the club owner.  That will even be worth a few lol when watching on tv.

Loved the Rubensplash tweet as well.   This guy is after my heart.  lol

O's fans have been getting hosed by ownership for years,  but now in a GOOD way 

13 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Yeah people are forgetting Angelos was a savior and excellent owner his first few years. He spent money and brought exciting players to the team.  

Rafael Palmeiro

Roberto Alomar Jr

BJ Surhoff

Bobby Bonilla

Harold Baines

Jamie Moyer

Scott Erickson

Fernando Valenzuela

Kevin Brown (the pitcher)

David Wells

Joe Carter

Jesse Orosco

Will Clark

Jeff Conine

Randy Myers

Javy Lopez

Nelson Cruz

Jim Thome

Mark Trumbo

Miguel Tejada

Resigned Cal Ripken Jr for life

Brought Eddie Murray back to the Orioles

And a caveat: No one knew who was doing steroids at the time for sure, so if we consider that Peter was simply signing a player for their production value to the team with the info he had at that present time, then it's worth listing them for his efforts.