Albert Suarez 2024

Tony-OH

Hey, I was wrong about him hitting a wall I guess! Happy to eat crow. 

Do I still think the team is better served with him helping out in the bullpen when Kremer comes back? Yes I do. Just because the bullpen is that hard up.

But it's great to see him bounce back and have arguably his best start. 

Edited by interloper

9 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

He needs to soon , before Kremer returns . It could be him instead of Suarez moving to bullpen 

I wouldn't be opposed to Kremer being the long man in the bullpen (at least when he first comes back). He's been fine through the first two times through the order this year, but definitely not the third. Relatively small sample in 2024. He was fine three times through last year.

Albert's been nearly lights out as an RP this year though. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

I wouldn't be opposed to Kremer being the long man in the bullpen (at least when he first comes back). He's been fine through the first two times through the order this year, but definitely not the third. Relatively small sample in 2024. He was fine three times through last year.

I wouldn’t either but the word here is that he’s going back to rotation . Suarez supposedly the one  to be moved to bullpen . I think they should wait and see if Irvin can rebound . If Irvin can’t match Suarez’s work, then he should be moved to bullpen 

16 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Not happening. I don’t disagree, but Kremer will be slotted in the rotation.

5 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Albert Suarez isn’t a playoff caliber pitcher. Maybe he’d be good in the bullpen but I hope he doesn’t sniff a start in the post season. 

If he finishes the year with a 2.4 ERA he’ll be starting…. But I doubt that happens.