2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

1 hour ago, Three Run Homer said:

Tate's stuff today reminded me of prime Darren O'Day.  Slow and sweepy, very tough on righties.  

The sweeper, I don't remember him throwing that. Is that a new pitch for him?

5/26/24 O's complete the four game sweep @ CWS, 4-1. No doubter gameball to Bradish for 7 dominant no hit innings with 11 K's. Adley backed up his go ahead single Friday night with a go ahead homer but was overshadowed by Bradish's heroics.

5/27 11-3 vs Red Sox. Mountcastle had another really nice game with 3 opposite field hits, but game ball to the kid, Kyle Stowers, with a breakout game, 3 for 4 with 2 doubles plus a loud out. Hopefully more to come. 

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

5/27 11-3 vs Red Sox. Mountcastle had another really nice game with 3 opposite field hits, but game ball to the kid, Kyle Stowers, with a breakout game, 3 for 4 with 2 doubles plus a loud out. Hopefully more to come. 

I agree that Stowers was the player of the game. However, he is closer to age 30 than 20. He is far from a kid. If he is a kid what does that make Gunnar? A baby? lol

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree that Stowers was the player of the game. However, he is closer to age 30 than 20. He is far from a kid. If he is a kid what does that make Gunnar? A baby? lol

Gunnar is a drizzled old dude who is getting in the way of kids like Stowers.  Let the kids play!

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Gunnar is a drizzled old dude who is getting in the way of kids like Stowers.  Let the kids play!

LOL ... Gunnar is 3 and 1/2 years younger than Stowers. However, I will say this - Stowers approach looks light years better than last year, like Cowser. Maybe there is something to this "gaining experience" thing? 

Maybe we shouldn't judge guys too harshly when they first arrive at the bigs because maybe they aren't finished products and need a little time (some seasoning) to adjust and figure things out? I dunno maybe posters/fans judging "the flaws" of a 20 year old Jackson Holliday will end up looking silly in about a year?

28 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Compared to me they are all kids