What’s the move for Bradish today?

What’s the move for Bradish today?   

50 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the move for Bradish today?

• Baumann DFA
    • Ramirez DFA
    • Akin Optioned
    • Some surprise BS

Posted (edited)

Who gets DFA’d today?  Baumann or Ramirez?

Baumann went 2 IP and Ramirez only 1 IP. Baumann also entered the game earlier. Read into that what you will. 

I think Ramirez has the best pitch with his Sweeper out of the two. 

I’d prefer to see Baumann get DFA’d. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

I picked Baumann, not because that is who I think will go but who I want to go. I stopped trying to figure this stuff out a long time ago. I'm always wrong. Who knows if Bradish is even activated today. I anticipate it but, there may be another surprise. 

I voted Ramirez DFA, but as O's fans, we know it will be some surprise BS.  I hope it's not Akin optioned.  I think Elias sometimes does moves to keep all the talent he can that hurt the actual mlb team.  I know we aren't allowed to criticize Elias, 101 wins, etc.

I was going to start a thread called “These guys are pitching like their jobs depend on it.”   Seems like all the guys we might option or DFA are pitching well all of a sudden.   Even Ramirez looked damned good yesterday.  I’m thinking they may option Akin just to buy more time.  Not that he deserves to be optioned.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get the DFA Baumann crowd at all.

He's a replacement level reliever, what don't you get? He's not so terrible we can't get him out the door fast enough, but he shouldn't be hard to replace.

Maybe there's more in the tank, but we're pretty much at the age and point where he is what he is.

Let’s see how Kimbrel feels today.

He warmed up yesterday.  Probably a little more ramping up than he has done in recent days. If he wakes up stiff or any issues beyond that, I could see him going on the IL.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get the DFA Baumann crowd at all.

I think I prefer Ramirez’s sweeper over any offering Baumann has. That has a chance to be a dominant pitch. Baumann is just meh. 

If it weren’t for Soto, I could see Akin going today. Just because Elias doesn’t like to lose players. 

We’ll see…

1 minute ago, ChosenOne21 said:

He's a replacement level reliever, what don't you get? He's not so terrible we can't get him out the door fast enough, but he shouldn't be hard to replace.

Maybe there's more in the tank, but we're pretty much at the age and point where he is what he is.

I don’t agree with most of this.

I don’t disagree that he’s replaceable in that 80% of relievers are replaceable but I think there’s a lot more there to untap.

Bad move to DFa him imo.

We have zero reliever depth. We don’t have many good arms to put there.

Baumann has a solid ceiling. Rather see the Os continue to work with him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Let’s see how Kimbrel feels today.

He warmed up yesterday.  Probably a little more ramping up than he has done in recent days. If he wakes up stiff or any issues beyond that, I could see him going on the IL.

Would Kimbrel have to go on the the 10 day IL or the 15 day IL?  Is there a difference between starter and reliever for the IL?  15 days is a long time.

I don’t think the average O’s coverage person has picked up on the difference this year. That’s why everyone is like just IL him.  

Baumann is the most frustrating pitcher.  If you watch him on a good day (like yesterday), he looks like an elite reliever.   Other days, he’s throwing meatball after meatball.  Some days, he starts off great and then suddenly starts tossing cookies.   You literally never know what you’re getting with him.  There’s this feeling that if he could harness his stuff consistently, he could be a very solid back end reliever.   But he doesn’t harness his stuff consistently, and it’s not like he hadn’t had a lot of chances to do it.  I won’t lose any sleep if he’s DFA, but I think they’ll pick Ramírez if they go the DFA route.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Would Kimbrel have to go on the the 10 day IL or the 15 day IL?  Is there a difference between starter and reliever for the IL?  15 days is a long time.

I don’t think the average O’s coverage person has picked up on the difference this year. That’s why everyone is like just IL him.  

I thought the 10 changed to 15 for pitchers this CBA, and the only shorter one is the concussion one.

I believe that change occurred in part because of how hard the Dodgers were gaming the system to rest their pitchers, and will grant some belief that is what the Orioles are growing towards doing is why the Grayson timing worries me a little bit less.

For sure some of the spirit of that change is to make Kimbrel's iffy back on day 3 less of a layup for the Clubs.

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/injuries/10-day-injured-list

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Baumann is the most frustrating pitcher.  If you watch him on a good day (like yesterday), he looks like an elite reliever.   Other days, he’s throwing meatball after meatball.  Some days, he starts off great and then suddenly starts tossing cookies.   You literally never know what you’re getting with him.  There’s this feeling that if he could harness his stuff consistently, he could be a very solid back end reliever.   But he doesn’t harness his stuff consistently, and it’s not like he hadn’t had a lot of chances to do it.  I won’t lose any sleep if he’s DFA, but I think they’ll pick Ramírez if they go the DFA route.  

That's right.

I went with Baumann but that's more of a hope and Ramirez is the likely choice.  Ramirez ain't great either, but it is what it is.