Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

6 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I have seen nothing from Mike Elias in the last half decade that makes me think he would make a significant trade of his cherished prospect capital within the division. 

And Luzardo has "Erik Bedard" written all over him, IMO.

This year's SP trade market kind of sucks.

I don't think Elias is SKared.   One of the biggest trades the O's ever made was with the Yankees in the 1970's.  Some of the players the O's got were Scott McGregor and Rick Dempsey.  It helped propel them to the 1983 World Series. 

2 hours ago, mddisney said:

If you are Elias who do you trade?  I would not trade anyone in the top 5 prospects unless you get back someone with 3 yrs of team controls that is similar to Bradish.  So, my prediction is we go with what we have an hope Povich keeps producing.  I would trade Kjerstadt/Norby and that is likely as high as I would go... I would not trade Mayo, SB, Povich, Holliday

I swear some of you guys just want to have the best farm system.  I can't wait for the 2024 Best Farm System Trophy to add to our 2023 Best Farm System Trophy and 2022 Best Farm System Trophy.  Who needs World Series?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I swear some of you guys just want to have the best farm system.  I can't wait for the 2024 Best Farm System Trophy to add to our 2023 Best Farm System Trophy and 2022 Best Farm System Trophy.  Who needs World Series?

Huh?  Dude proposed trading a guy currently ranked 21st by MLB.com and he's being mocked?  

17 minutes ago, Malike said:

That means little if he doesn't hit. He had a .580 OPS in May and .549 halfway through June. At some point, the results with the bat have to matter.

It’s a concern but he is 9 OAA in the field and his WRC+ is 112.  If he can be that guy, that’s a lot of value.   

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

It’s a concern but he is 9 OAA in the field and his WRC+ is 112.  If he can be that guy, that’s a lot of value.   

It was 71 in May and it's 58 in June. It's 112 thanks to a ridiculously unsustainable 182 in March/April. I think we are starting to see a trend now and it's been going in the wrong direction since the hot streak through mid April.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

He said he's not trading anyone in top 5 prospects.  At some point the prospects in the farm have to either play in the majors or be traded they can't stay top prospects forever.

I agree that you really have to trade  2-4 of the prospects for a very good starter and a very good reliever.  Not only for this year but next year also if Bradish needs TJ.   And I would not be afraid of putting JH into that equation if you really want to go for an elite pitcher.    I know it is sacrilegious around here to say but I don't see elite in him.  Of course I could be totally wrong and I would only trade him for an elite elite. 

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

It was 71 in May and it's 58 in June. It's 112 thanks to a ridiculously unsustainable 182 in March/April. I think we are starting to see a trend now and it's been going in the wrong direction since the hot streak through mid April.

He also could be very streaky. J- Rod isn’t so great at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He also could be very streaky. J- Rod isn’t so great at the moment. 

I'd imagine it's hard to start a streak when you hit the ball on the ground a lot and strikeout 31% of the time. Rodriguez has been worth 5.5 WAR+ in the past two seasons, I don't think I'd worry too much about him.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I'd imagine it's hard to start a streak when you hit the ball on the ground a lot and strikeout 31% of the time. Rodriguez has been worth 5.5 WAR+ in the past two seasons, I don't think I'd worry too much about him.

How about Corbin Carroll?  

Just now, baltfan said:

How about Corbin Carroll?  

What about him? We're talking about Colton Cowser hitting terribly for 2 months now. Why does there need to be a comparison to other players? I care what Cowser does, not what Rodriguez or Carroll do, they are just lazy comps to continue to prop a strawman.