Can we please have a trade forum?

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

It bumps more realistic topics off the front page quicker.

Genuinely compelling threads stay around until they're actually exhausted.

I pretty much hate hypothetical trade threads.   Doesn’t mean people shouldn’t post them, or that they need their own forum.  I just don’t read them, or I get in and out quickly.  No problem. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I pretty much hate hypothetical trade threads.   Doesn’t mean people shouldn’t post them, or that they need their own forum.  I just don’t read them, or I get in and out quickly.  No problem. 

Wouldn’t you rather them be relegated to their own forum? It’s impossible not to see considering the title. It’s just such a bummer to see and they push off quality content because they usually just create polar reactions. Its click bait and bullshit.

9 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Wouldn’t you rather them be relegated to their own forum? It’s impossible not to see considering the title. It’s just such a bummer to see and they push off quality content because they usually just create polar reactions. Its click bait and bullshit.

No.

I don't like them either, but sometimes they're interesting to read and delve into deeper discussions about players peripheral stats, prospect rankings, etc.  It's a different way to learn about the game and learn about the players.  

Relegating them to their own forum is shortsighted.  And selfish, really.  If you don't like them, don't read them.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The best thread I remember ever reading on here was a long and incredibly detailed post by Tony called “Orioles game of thrones “ and it was about whether Buck or Dan was really in charge, and responsible for the fiasco that the team and organization were becoming. it ended up about 15 pages of comments.

I haven’t checked, but I’m sure it’s here somewhere, and as far as I’m concerned if a thread is useless, nobody posts, and if a thread is interesting lots of people post.

Trade Ideas can be done or smart, but this particular forum is for those ideas.

If someone thinks an idea is dumb or smart say so, and then go about your day.

Or don’t.

Edited by Philip

If trade idea threads dominated the board I could see the point of a separate forum, but they don't really.  They pop up every so often and the trade discussion is usually confined to a handful of threads.   

Here’s an idea.  If you think an interesting topic has been pushed to Page  2, click on Page 2 and take a look.  Most of the really interesting topics don’t drop that fast but whatever.