Friday May 10 vs Dbacks (AppleTV+ exclusive), weather permitting

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

How to promote your sport to a younger audience: get an old fart like Bryan Cranston to do your league promo. 

The weirder thing to me is that they are so just dull and lifeless. Literally anyone could've substituted for him in those commercials and had the same energy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, elextrano8 said:

The weirder thing to me is that they are so just dull and lifeless. Literally anyone could've substituted for him in those commercials and had the same energy.

I like him, but get Megan Thee Stallion to do it instead. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, elextrano8 said:

Am I the only one who has never drank from a hose?

I was a kid in the 70's we'd drink out of the garden hose cooking in the sun all day. Builds a strong immune system I'd imagine.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• But wait, there’s more. NIL is coming to high schools too. It is insane!
    • PS I think I probably was one of the ones who voted for a drop into the high 90s, but I definitely predicted, and expect a division title. I don’t care if we do it with only 90 wins. I wanna win the division.
    • I can’t tell another person what their standard should be for being disappointed.  It’s subjective.  I’ll just say I think that’s really unreasonable.  I also think your opinion that the O’s have lost a lot of games by bad bullpen management is wrong.  But go ahead, drive yourself nuts thinking the bullpen would never lose a game if only they were managed properly.   
    • Yes, I am aware that this is basically just a repeat of the other days chat. it’s quite possible. This post was inspired by that chat. But the point remains valid. I can only say what I’ve already said it’s still how I feel. If the bullpen management doesn’t improve, I don’t think it will be a three game gap, but if we lose the division 108-105, I will be very disappointed. And it seems that a lot of people feel the same way.  
    • Logan Webb is pretty much where my list starts and ends. 4+ wins 3 years in a row, including 5 wins last year, on pace for a career year this year, and under contract at a reasonable price for 4 more years.  That would be a near perfect comp for the Chris Sale white sox trade.   I'm only entertaining deals for a pitcher, because we still have a position player backlog, and if we end up trading all our position player depth, we can much more reliably go after someone in FA.  Soto would hit the warehouse if he signed here, and we can actually dream about that with Rubenstein as the owner.
    • This is just a repeat of the discussion the other day.  We don’t control what the Yankees do, except when we play them.  The O’s are on pace to win 106 games.  There’s no way I’d be disappointed in them if they did that, no matter what the Yankees did.  Only 6% of our posters thought the O’s would exceed 101 wins this year; 85% expected a drop to 97 wins or lower.     
    • Grayson’s first 10 starts of 2023 compared to this year: 2023: 45.1 iP, 57 H, 37 ER, 21 BB, 56 K, 13 HR 2024: 57.2 IP, 54 H, 21 ER, 21 BB, 65 K, 6 HR He hasn’t been quite as dominant as he was in the second half of last year, but he’s getting it done.  
  • Popular Contributors