Stowers is back to Orioles, Kjerstad optioned

eddie83

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Well, there’s a move I definitely didn’t see coming.  You can always count on the O’s to do unexpected things at unexpected times.  

I thought with Duquette you could almost guess beforehand what he was going to do. Not with Mike. At least I can’t. 😀

Hoping it is Stowers and Hays for Kjerstad and McKenna.  The past couple of weeks have made it apparent that Kjerstad won't get regular at-bats with the current roster, and I'd rather he play regularly at AAA.  He'll hopefully be Santander's replacement next year, but there's no point in having him sit and watch right now.  Stowers is a better fit as a depth piece/bench player.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Have to think they don’t want Kjerstad rotting on bench anymore. 

Yeah. This may be to just Kjerstad some reps and swap in another player on the 40 man. It may only be a short stay then Stowers goes for Hays when we face the Lefty SP. 

3 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Interesting.  Not the one I would've expected but maybe they want him to sit the bench and get one game every 4 days instead of Kjerstad.  For what it's worth, he has 11 HR and .856 OPS.  

In 2024, I don’t think offensive numbers/stats at AAA have any kind of correlation with direct and immediate success in the Big Leagues. The quality of pitching is just so vastly different.

But I he has been up here twice before, so maybe something clicks this time?

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah. This may be to just Kjerstad some reps and swap in another player on the 40 man. It may only be a short stay then Stowers goes for Hays when we face the Lefty SP. 

Unless it’s injury I do wonder if they keep McKenna instead of Stowers. Hays should be back soon. Face LHP Wednesday. My guess is Hays that day is back. 

Yeah, I'm confused. Hasn't Stowers been slumping a bit of late at AAA? And what's the situation with Hays? The only thing that could make sense is if he's replacing Kjerstad as others have said to get Kjerstad consistent ABs. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me at all.