Tuesday, May 28: Orioles vs Red Sox

SteveA

Just now, Sports Guy said:

How can someone so talented at their position be so awful at a key aspect of it?

Adley’s throws are absolutely atrocious.

They need to send him to driveline. I wonder if he's got a torn ACL and doesn't even realize it.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Totally disagree.  He slowed down because he didn’t want to run into a freight train.  

I mean yes he probably slowed up because of Henderson too, but that doesn't change the fact that he's never getting to that ball after his poor jump.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Why is that an error on AR and not on Gunnar?

it wasn’t a very good throw, but it wasn’t an awkward throw, and it wasn’t very fast, so gunner should’ve gotten it right?

It was off line enough to be Adley's error. I think they only give the error to the fielder on that play if the throw basically hits them in the glove and they miss it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

How can someone so talented at their position be so awful at a key aspect of it?

Was his arm strength an issue coming out of college? Or has it gotten worse?

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I dont get this team...look red hot in the first, then go to sleep...we cant get anything going...

Could it be that the opposing pitcher has settled for in and that he usually gets tougher the second and third time through the order?

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Does he have any throws to the second baseman in the air all year?

I cringe when I see Adley throw the ball to 2B now it's ugly this year. I'm thinking there might be some undiagnosed arm injury with Adley.