The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I’ve been a little underwhelmed about the return for most of these trades. Seems to be a fair market which I had my doubts. Hoping we end up with Snell and Fairbanks type to cap this off. Yesterday was complete evidence we need more pitching.

Could argue we need 2 more relievers to be honest…even if DC is coming back.

• Upvote 2

Chris Young's decisions today and tomorrow make a big Supply and Demand splash for the market.

Jon Gray having to be last minute scratched from his regular turn yesterday as getting swept by the Blue Jays finished could mean he adds to the SP demand if he keeps chasing AL West first place.   

Last year when I thought Jordan Montgomery might be our ideal fit, I remember being surprised the Rangers were the team that won the bidding as they got Max Scherzer the same day.

I guess Eflin + one of the brilliant left-handers would be Elias emulating something like Chris Young's 1-2 punch last year.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Flaherty pitches today. Miguel Andujar from the A’s could be a RH bat for LF. He has a 1.000+ OPS vs LHP this season. Pete Fairbanks from the Rays is probably in play, but he’d take a haul. The Rays just got Lesko+ for Jason Adam. 

Miguel Andújar, when I last saw him, made Kjerstad look like a GG finalist in LF.  I’d be surprised.

19 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Yesterday I started to get excited that you could get Snell and Skubal/Crochet and still only lose one of the big 3. We would have a crazy rotation at that point and some Burnes security.

If we are willing to shell out those kind of resources, wouldn’t it be better for roster construction to get one of those starters and an elite reliever like Miller instead?

Not that any of this is plausible/realistic given the front office’s MO.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Could argue we need 2 more relievers to be honest…even if DC is coming back.

Ya seeing the Phillies bullpen and the fact they had such depth they were ok with losing Dominguez, we really are not post season caliber compared to our peers.

I would also point to CLE, MIL, even SD got stronger yesterday. We need more high leverage guys that can miss bats 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Miguel Andújar, when I last saw him, made Kjerstad look like a GG finalist in LF.  I’d be surprised.

He reminds me of Delmon Young. Both with hitting and fielding. For better or worse. Haha. But he does fit the profile of the RH bat for lefties and our wall. His numbers aren’t strictly HR driven. He’s a high contact, gap to gap hitter. Versus the all or nothing try and hit the ball over the LF wall approach. 

As a cheap bat, role player, we could do alot worse. 

Gotta love the 1.100+ OPS vs LHP. 

I spoke to a National League executive over the weekend who said the Orioles won’t discuss Jackson Holliday, Coby Mayo or Samuel Basallo from the farm system or Colton Cowser on the major league club, and that’s an impression shared by some other front office personnel.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I spoke to a National League executive over the weekend who said the Orioles won’t discuss Jackson Holliday, Coby Mayo or Samuel Basallo from the farm system or Colton Cowser on the major league club, and that’s an impression shared by some other front office personnel.

We won’t be trading for anyone that will make a big difference then. Sounds about right though..

10 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I think the O's have always been willing to move Kjerstad, but not for just anyone.

Has to be for someone with multiple years of control. I suspect any Skubal rumors stemmed from the Os being willing to move Kjerstad as the headliner…not that he’s enough but still, I think that’s the best guy they would deal for the right player.  Maybe Mason Miller as well.