Trey Gibson 2024

Sports Guy

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Trey will start next year in Aberdeen, or jump right to Bowie.  He’s only got 7 games/5 starts/28 innings at Aberdeen, and maybe another 2 starts/10 innings left before the season ends.  Elias has normally kept guys at Aberdeen a bit longer than that, but Gibson has been awfully effective.   

On 8/25/2024 at 1:36 PM, Frobby said:

I wonder if Trey will start next year in Aberdeen, or jump right to Bowie.  He’s only got 7 games/5 starts/28 innings at Aberdeen, and maybe another 2 starts/10 innings left before the season ends.  Elias has normally kept guys at Aberdeen a bit longer than that, but Gibson has been awfully effective.   

I would be surprised if Gibson is not challenged at AA before the year is out.

• Thanks 1

Gibson took about as hard luck a loss as you can have last night.  After five innings he was throwing a one-hit shutout.  The first batter of the 6th reached on an error and Gibson was pulled from the game.  The reliever uncorked a wild pitch and then an RBI single, so the unearned, go ahead run was charged to Gibson and he ended up taking the loss.   Still a nice outing from Gibson, who lowered his Aberdeen ERA to 2.45.   

Some of this may be he's a slightly older guy dominating A-ball hitters, but when I looked up Luis De Leon's elite GB% the other day, Gibson wasn't that far behind him on the leaderboard.

All Affiliated minor league pitchers at 80 innings, a group of 462 this morning, De Leon is 3rd and Gibson is 10th in GB%

• Thanks 2