Sunday 6/9 @ Tampa Bay

86this

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

How unlucky for Gunnar.  What percentage of singles with a guy on third don't actually score the guy on third?  One in 500?  One in a thousand? 

It hit me kind of odd Mullins didn't break.     I thought go on contact all the time process, but maybe infield in changed it.

I don't think OMAR means for the runners to spend a millisecond thinking about it.

6 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

We got them in Little League in 1979 or 1980, I think.  Shockingly, Yeager was hit in the throat with broken bat pieces and not a ball.  He was in the on-deck circle when fragments of a broken bat single shot 3 inches into his neck and almost killed him.  I think the throat guard was his idea to keep him safe after that, but I'm not sure on that part.

A few years previously in 1975 a Junior hockey player in Canada named Kim Crouch was badly cut similar to Clint Malarchuk in the NHL and started wearing a neck protector his father designed.  Back in the day it was called the Kim Crouch collar, the catcher's neck protector was a copy designed by the Dodger's trainer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Adley is just money on the RH side this year. Can't get anything by him 

During Adley's rookie year, I posted on here that I thought he was overmatched from the RH side by MLB pitching and that he should consider batting only LH'd. It just looked like he couldn't catch up to anything from that side to me. CoC in so many words...lol... told me what an idiotic take that was and to give him a chance to work on it. 

Now I love watching him hit from the RH side and glad to be wrong on my initial take.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

During Adley's rookie year, I posted on here that I thought he was overmatched from the RH side by MLB pitching and that he should consider batting only LH'd. It just looked like he couldn't catch up to anything from that side to me. CoC in so many words...lol... told me what an idiotic take that was and to give him a chance to work on it. 

Now I love watching him hit from the RH side and glad to be wrong on my initial take.

It's been interesting watching him become much better from the right side of the plate.  He's been destroying lefties all year, and it's great to see.

Adley splits.png

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Okay, seriously, time to end this.

I know by ERA we've been one of the better bullpens in baseball lately, but the guys have been letting far too many inherited runners score. 

I think the Orioles are around average but the Yankees are on pace to set MLB all time strand rates-their BP has  been historically excellent.

1 minute ago, SemperFi said:

I think the Orioles are around average but the Yankees are on pace to set MLB all time strand rates-their BP has  been historically excellent.

Except for last night. ;)

16 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Unless the stream is being routed thru Russia and back

Actually, I’m on an iPhone and it’s a very old iPhone and I’m actually listening