Wednesday 6/12 vs Atlanta

86this

17 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

My biggest issue with Povich has always been a lack of control. Same issue I had with DL Hall, who has better pure stuff. Where do you see him ending up? If you think he's a TOR guy I think you're on a small island there. 

It really all depends on how much consistency he improves with his command and control. Watching him in today's game, he's given me all types of Max Fried vibes and I love Max Fried. He's a top of the line starter.

If I look at this a little more objectively, I think we should expect more games where he struggles with his command, but I also think he will continue to develop and improve his command. At the moment I can envision him as a high end #3 starter, but with the potential to develop into a top of the rotation starter. I see his development similar to Kyle Bradish.

Over 1 year ago, I said in a game thread that Bradish could potentially develop into a #2 or #1 starter and everyone thought I was wearing orange colored fan goggles. But Bradish did develop into a top of the line starter even better than I expected and I was a huge believer in Kyle Bradish's development.

I think we could see a similar development & career trajectory with Cade Povich.  Watching him pitch and seeing that beautiful curveball has me excited.