Sunday 6/23 vs. Houston

elextrano8

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Suarez got away pitches earlier in the year against weaker teams, he's no match against good teams. Suarez belongs in the bullpen, we need to try McDermott.  We can't afford to keep losing to force Elias's hand to find help.

Yeah he’s faced mostly weaker lineups. His last 3 starts are his only ones against good lineups and he’s given up 16 hits, 8 BB’s, and 7 ER in 10 IP. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Time for the Orioles to bring up Mayo and put him at 3B. Mateo is in his mid-season suck mode.

June has been bad, but he's had fewer ABs with an unlucky BABIP of .182. He did hit a HR on Friday night and his OPS is 724 heading into today with 1.3 BWAR. 

If his July looks the same then I agree 

Just now, Jagwar said:

June has been bad, but he's had fewer ABs with an unlucky BABIP of .182. He did hit a HR on Friday night and his OPS is 724 heading into today with 1.3 BWAR. 

If his July looks the same then I agree 

I think Maton will start to play some vs RHP. 

5 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Suarez got away pitches earlier in the year against weaker teams, he's no match against good teams. Suarez belongs in the bullpen, we need to try McDermott.  We can't afford to keep losing to force Elias's hand to find help.

We might have to wait until post all star break, but I’m pretty sure Elias knows this pitching staff needs some outside help. 

2 minutes ago, justD said:

Regardless, he really has to find a way to hit offspeed pitches.

Or even see them. 

He’s “only” around 27% against RHP’s. He’s around 40% against LHP’s. That’s the big issue but Mullins is so bad against LHP’s that Cowser has been in the lineup most days against them. 

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

The fastball is Suarez's best pitch, it's been what has made him successful, I don't fault Adley for calling for it, I fault Suarez for throwing it like a beach ball middle middle.

This reminds me of that pitching advice from MacGregor, Flanagan, or one of those guys from that era, which is "when you can't hit your target, try throwing it down the middle on purpose and then you'll hit the corner."

That advice also works when you can't throw it over the plate, so you try hitting a corner and it'll end up over the plate. 

It's like compensating for a faulty gun scope. 

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 1