Heston Kjerstad 2024

On 8/14/2024 at 5:29 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Can he pitch?  It’s the new “print the playoff tickets”. 🥲

I don't know about Kjerstad, but Nick Maton pitched for the Tides last night and the night before.

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Looks like no way Fabian will be ready in 2025.  The options seems to be keep Mullins for 2025 or add a free agent.  I guess the O's could also put Cowser in CF, keep Santander in RF (with extension obviously) and Kjerstad in LF.  I don't think fans are going to like Kjerstad in LF. 

I agree, I don’t want to see Heston in LF in Camden Yards. He is a solid OF, but that LF needs better. Your reasoning is sound about Bader, but he isn’t cheap. I would not rule out Slater staying. 

I want Cowser in LF. I suspect Mullins stays, but it would not surprise me to see him moved. There are other CF options out there, depending on who we are willing to part with. Do we re-sign Santander, trade Mullins and Kjerstad, and go out and get another CF?

Perhaps they bring up Bradfield and live with struggles for a few months as long as the defense is as advertised? It is not their normal way of operating, but it isn’t out of the realm of possibility if he sustains what he did in Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Eric Garfield on PressBoxonline  is reporting that Heston has been shut down for the season.   Has anyone else reported this?

Geez, if that concussion is having lingering effects this far afterwards that’s a terrible sign. I mean, it hit him flush. Poor guy has had the worst luck with health. I wish him the best. He can be such a weapon when healthy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Explosivo said:

Geez, if that concussion is having lingering effects this far afterwards that’s a terrible sign. I mean, it hit him flush. Poor guy has had the worst luck with health. I wish him the best. He can be such a weapon when healthy.

The last thing he needs is another potentially career-threatening health issue.  I wish him the best and a full recovery.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sad news if that's true.  

Agreed.

Brain trauma is never funny.

It's the main reason I'm opposed to ever intentionally throwing at a guy.

Hopefully Kjerstad isn't one of those poor souls like Roberts who is especially vulnerable to concussions.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2024 at 6:37 PM, Jammer7 said:

I agree, I don’t want to see Heston in LF in Camden Yards. He is a solid OF, but that LF needs better. Your reasoning is sound about Bader, but he isn’t cheap. I would not rule out Slater staying. 

I want Cowser in LF. I suspect Mullins stays, but it would not surprise me to see him moved. There are other CF options out there, depending on who we are willing to part with. Do we re-sign Santander, trade Mullins and Kjerstad, and go out and get another CF?

Perhaps they bring up Bradfield and live with struggles for a few months as long as the defense is as advertised? It is not their normal way of operating, but it isn’t out of the realm of possibility if he sustains what he did in Aberdeen. 

Fabian is at AAA now, that would make more sense.

2 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

That doesn’t seem to make the Orioles training staff look great, they cleared him and he was in the lineup the next day, then ends up going on the IL and now potentially done for the season.

Concussions aren't linear things, though. 

And they didn't clear him and in the lineup the next day after being hit. Maybe I'm reading what you said wrong, but he was hit in the head on 7/12 and didn't play again until after the 7 day concussion IL stint was over (7/20). He played for another 7 games before being sent down, so it's very possible that symptoms returned. That's not uncommon. 

8 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

And they didn't clear him and in the lineup the next day after being hit. Maybe I'm reading what you said wrong, but he was hit in the head on 7/12 and didn't play again until after the 7 day concussion IL stint was over (7/20). He played for another 7 games before being sent down, so it's very possible that symptoms returned. That's not uncommon. 

He was in the original lineup the following day before being scratched because he didnt feel right pregame.

10 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

He was in the lineup the very next day and then scratched and put on the IL. I'm sure its also possible that Heston was completely straightforward with him symptoms originally.