Orioles, Vinny Nittoli Agree To Minor League Deal

oriolediehard

9 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He actually been pretty good last few years and ERA under 3 coming out of bullpen in AAA and few innings for A’s.  Solid strike out rate too.  I like him better than someone like Bruce Zimmerman.  

Yup. Relievers can also make a minor adjustment on a pitch and go on 0.00 ERA 10 appearance run. Happens all the time. So maybe we see something there and he’s willing to go to AAA for us and work on it. 

Also, AAA needs innings eaten too in the 2nd half. 

28 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

You just but his minor league numbers are really good. Plus K rate and low BBs. I don't understand why he wasn't given a chance earlier. Seems to have been repeatedly held back at every level despite performing well. I don't get it 

I was joking.  Always make for a good laugh anytime Elias picks somebody up off the scrap heap.  I actually agree with you though, his numbers at times are pretty decent.  Not a bad depth piece, especially if we pull ahead of the Yankees and need someone to eat some innings late in the season.