Would you do this deal?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Proposal Menrioned in opening post

• Yes
    • No
    • If they’d swop Brebbia for Kopech
    • Add Brebbia for a couple young DSL guys with upside

1 hour ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Compare Fedde with Albert Suarez. Fedde has pitched better, but there’s not a huge gap on a per inning basis. Fedde has many more innings because he’s made 9 more starts. Both had long careers of not good enough pitchers, made adjustments outside of MLB/MiLB and now are pitching well at the MLB level for the first time. Fedde is 31 and has 1.5 years of control and Suarez is 34 and has 4.5 years.

Even with their adjustments ticking their stuff up and making them MLB level guys, both have below average stuff and whiff/K rates and have been successful with solid walk rates and suppressing contact quality (Fedde with ground balls, Suarez with pop ups and low barrel & HR/FB rates). 

Would anybody really be all that excited to add another Albert Suarez right now? I was one of his biggest fans dating back to his first breakout Spring Training appearance and he’s been a huge find this season, but I don’t have much confidence he’s going to pitch as well in the second half as the first. I don’t really feel comfortable with the thought of Suarez starting a playoff game. I’d like Fedde more, but if his performance regresses in the second half I’d feel pretty similarly. 

Yeah, I’d be excited for someone who could pitch as well as Albert but average 6 innings instead of 5.   That would be a big, big help.

14 hours ago, baltfan said:

Kopech got torched again today.  His value is very low. No chance I would trade someone like Norby for him

I agree and I don't even want him as a throw in unless he can be optioned to Norfolk.  I don't want the O's to replace Akin or Baker with another Fujinami-type project to see if we can fix him in the majors.  We need reliable arms in the bullpen ASAP.  

1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

I agree and I don't even want him as a throw in unless he can be optioned to Norfolk.  I don't want the O's to replace Akin or Baker with another Fujinami-type project to see if we can fix him in the majors.  We need reliable arms in the bullpen ASAP.  

Kopech would be worth a flyer if there was still a August 31st deadline and we could acquire him the last day then try him out with expanded rosters.  

Voted yes, Fedde is a rotation upgrade over Povich. Norby is blocked here, so might as well trade him for a SP in a playoff year. Kopech isnt really necessary in the deal to me unless the O's really like him.

2 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

It might be just a little bit harder to get Kopech after this:

Stuff is nasty.

Yes, he is nasty.  The Twins were really helping Kopech out there, but an impressive outing nonetheless.

19 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Kopech is a mess. Is anyone really trusting him with the game on the line? He's a FA after 2025, it's not like we'd have some time for him to "figure it out".

He has elite stuff. It’s about harnessing it. If the Os don’t believe they can, you don’t touch him. If you think you can, you target him because he’s not going to cost much.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He has elite stuff. It’s about harnessing it. If the Os don’t believe they can, you don’t touch him. If you think you can, you target him because he’s not going to cost much.

If he's basically a throw in then sure. But it also means someone is dropping out of the bullpen for him. If we do another trade for a closer, what does the math look like keeping everyone on the roster? Granted it's not like our bullpen is deep, but there are definitely guys we'd want to keep around. I wouldn't want to toss away Webb or Akin (maybe they have options IDK).

5 minutes ago, G54377 said:

If he's basically a throw in then sure. But it also means someone is dropping out of the bullpen for him. If we do another trade for a closer, what does the math look like keeping everyone on the roster? Granted it's not like our bullpen is deep, but there are definitely guys we'd want to keep around. I wouldn't want to toss away Webb or Akin (maybe they have options IDK).

The last thing I’m worried about is losing members of this pen.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The last thing I’m worried about is losing members of this pen.

You'd toss 2 1/2 years of Jacob Webb for 1 1/2 of Michael Kopech if it came to it?