Wednesday 7/10 Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

4 minutes ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

That does seem high.  I expect them to bring down McCann’s playing time the last third of the year though

That's what I'm hoping that they're trying to keep Adley fresh for the second half. I don't want him ridden into the ground like what Buck did with Wieters, but McCann is essentially the starting catcher 4 out of every 10 games.

When Basallo is up then let him start 50 games at catcher if that's what the teams wants, but McCann's bat is hurting this lineup.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

That does seem high.  I expect them to bring down McCann’s playing time the last third of the year though

Last year they played Adley a ton at catcher early and then eased back considerably.

Now this season they've kept his starting catcher workload fairly low.

I expect that to continue.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Last year they played Adley a ton at catcher early and then eased back considerably.

Now this season they've kept his starting catcher workload fairly low.

I expect that to continue.

A Rutschman-Basallo combo, with an extension for Adley is one pathway that makes a lot of sense.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's what I'm hoping that they're trying to keep Adley fresh for the second half. I don't want him ridden into the ground like what Buck did with Wieters, but McCann is essentially the starting catcher 4 out of every 10 games.

When Basallo is up then let him start 50 games at catcher if that's what the teams wants, but McCann's bat is hurting this lineup.

Maybe Rutschman should start hitting like a DH instead of standing there like a bump on the wall.

Nothing worse than going to a game and seeing then get shutout. 

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

McCann starting 38% of the games so far seems a bit excessive.

Adley hits .235 when he starts as catcher and .385 when he at DH so they don’t thing it is.  

It’s not even like they’re getting unlucky with RISP, they’re just having terrible AB’s. If they don’t score here they will have not scored since Westburg’s lead off HR in the 3rd yesterday, 42 straight outs without a run.