Thursday 7/11 - Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

All of our players should recuse themselves from the All Star game. None of them are any good at all. The Cubs' worst man on their 30-man roster is better than the best player we have on ours.

Boy am I glad I changed out my tickets for tomorrow for a game in August! We're playing like team 30 out of 30 in the league this week. Absolute pits. They have nothing on either side of the ball. Nothing.

I have more entertaining things I can do with my evening than watch the inept Orioles get batted around by the lowly Cubs. Later all.

4 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Remember folks, we’re going to be mature fans about this. When we start sounding like pinstriped Alley, it starts being a problem so relax.

Remember Hyde runs out some really dumb lineups, McCann is not a qualified major leaguer anymore, we have no pitching depth because we’ve been drafting hitters, blah blah blah blah blah and yet we are still 25 games over 500.

So relax and remember that in December you will be lonely for the games that we are watching now.

21 above and spiraling downward. Every team goes through slumps, but we have no one in the rotation outside of two guys. And a vs righties only lineup. We'll make the playoffs I think, but remember 2005.

2 minutes ago, Surhoffan17 said:

21 above and spiraling downward. Every team goes through slumps, but we have no one in the rotation outside of two guys. And a vs righties only lineup. We'll make the playoffs I think, but remember 2005.

This team is a lot more talented than the 2005 squad, but there are issues that need to be addressed or we're going to see a lot more sloppy baseball. The bullpen needs a couple high leverage relievers and the starting rotation needs a quality veteran. The lineup needs a couple tweaks and the defense has been bad recently.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

This downturn all started after the Yankees series. Elias needs to makes some bold moves or I don't see this team going anywhere this year. Still can't believe they haven't brought up Mayo. SMH.

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Rays up 5-2. 

See? Silver lining!
All the complaints being made are usually hyperbolic takes on a legitimate problem, but it can also be argued at the guys are just tired. Hyde isn’t very good at roster management, but it is true. He doesn’t have much roster to work with in some areas and that’s not on him. but look, the Yankees are scuffling too, and we are two games ahead of them despite having lost 10 of our last 18.

Relax. Pray for a better broadcast team. That would be a wonderful way to ensure a better record at the end of the season.

OK, back to my walk.