I Don't Understand It, They're Not Even Competitive Right Now.

ORIOLE33

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

Yes , but only because of all the injuries, If Burnes goes down , might as well punt the season. Only so much you can put back together at the deadline.

Correct, if burnes were hurt in April, but we still had healthy bradish, means, Wells, etc, they could make a trade and stay in contention (again hypothetical)

We don't have that depth now, no amount of trades would save the season w/o gutting the system of prospects 

Only way they make a run at WS this year is if they acquire a pitcher who can slide between Burnes and GrayRod. Are the prospects we have to give up for that worth it, especially if our pitching depth is as thin as it is with or without trades

The offense has scored 67 runs in the last 20 games (second last to only MIA) and the SP has been brutal since the first NYY series started.

In that time frame they have the lowest fWAR in the MLB among SP’s and a 5.66 ERA. Burnes is at 3.46 ERA, GRod 5.52 (good peripherals though), Suarez 4.91, Kremer 5.00 (only 2 starts), Irvin 10.22, Povich 7.06. Not a good combo when your SP is constantly putting you in a hole and the offense is struggling to score 3 runs a game. I think it also shows why Suarez/Irvin were on the outside looking in with everyone healthy, Kremer was fighting to just be the number 5, and that Povich isn’t an MLB starter if he can’t improve his command. 

15 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

I wonder when then can finally admit dual hitting coaches and an offensive strategy coordinator is a bad idea

They are fifth in all of baseball in runs per game.