403 errors

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

To get rid of the 403 errors I had to move off my ad provider and straight to Google Adsense. I'm using the "auto ad" feature that allows Google to place ads where it makes sense, but clearly there are too many right now.

I will tweak things until my new provider comes on board. Please be patient. I'm trying to make this the best user experience. 

Thanks for your hard work to keep the site up.  Things seem to be much better this morning, for the best day of the year, deadline day.  Yesterday afternoon I couldn't access the site at all, I tried multiple browsers and kept getting a certificate error that said the site wasn't safe enough to access.  Seems to be better today though, thanks. 

9 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Thanks for your hard work to keep the site up.  Things seem to be much better this morning, for the best day of the year, deadline day.  Yesterday afternoon I couldn't access the site at all, I tried multiple browsers and kept getting a certificate error that said the site wasn't safe enough to access.  Seems to be better today though, thanks. 

I moved the nameservers to a different site and then added cnames to get to the subdomain here at the forums. The forums here are secured but I'm not sure if something weird happened when things were propagating.

Hopefully that certificate error is gone but if anyone get it again, let me know what what browser you are using. Thanks.

BTW, Safari browser has always had issues with this forum and googleads so please consider using chrome to view this site if possible.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I moved the nameservers to a different site and then added cnames to get to the subdomain here at the forums. The forums here are secured but I'm not sure if something weird happened when things were propagating.

Hopefully that certificate error is gone but if anyone get it again, let me know what what browser you are using. Thanks.

BTW, Safari browser has always had issues with this forum and googleads so please consider using chrome to view this site if possible.

Thanks, I am not an IT guy so most of that is over my head but I appreciate you working through it.  I was using Chrome and Duck Duck Go

I was able to exclude a lot of areas so there are not so many ads in the threads themselves. Give it a bit and then let me know if you are seeing less. Thanks for your patience while I work through this.

• Upvote 1

Tony, thanks for your work on this. I've run an Invision based car forum community for 20+ years. I know it's not easy.

Having said that, this is what I see right now on Android Chrome:

1000002140.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Tony, thanks for your work on this. I've run an Invision based car forum community for 20+ years. I know it's not easy.

Having said that, this is what I see right now on Android Chrome:

1000002140.jpg

Hmm, that is quite weird. Never seen that before.

Anyone else having this issue on their phone with Android/chrome?

I can check later because that's what I have. 

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Happens on iOS and Edge for me. Basically, a ton of ads littered every few posts on the listing pages. I'm on desktop Windows/Edge now and don't see it, but I'll keep an eye out. 

3 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Happens on iOS and Edge for me. Basically, a ton of ads littered every few posts on the listing pages. I'm on desktop Windows/Edge now and don't see it, but I'll keep an eye out. 

Thanks. I made some tweaks that should have started to work by now. Let me know if it's still an issue on the phone.

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yes, I have the exact same problem and when I am on my iPhone, the ads are so large that it is extremely difficult to actually get to the content. For instance, all my account info is at the top of the page, and it is quite literally blocked by an ad that will not go away. I can arrow it up Briefly, but then it just comes right back down.

I don’t recall whether it is an issue on my iPad, but it’s a real problem on my phone.

I really appreciate the work you’re doing and I know it’s a major pain in your butt

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HowAboutThat said:

Yes, I have the exact same problem and when I am on my iPhone, the ads are so large that it is extremely difficult to actually get to the content. For instance, all my account info is at the top of the page, and it is quite literally blocked by an ad that will not go away. I can arrow it up Briefly, but then it just comes right back down.

I don’t recall whether it is an issue on my iPad, but it’s a real problem on my phone.

I really appreciate the work you’re doing and I know it’s a major pain in your butt

We'll find a happy medium here soon. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1