2024 4th Round Pick (#127): Chase Allsup - RHP - (Jr) Auburn (AL)

Just now, Malike said:

Gets hit pretty hard, 13 HRs in 62IP. 10.7 K/9 this season, 10.1 for his career at Auburn. I don't hate the pick. Doesn't walk a ton but gives up hits.

If you wait until the 4th rd, this is what happens. He could be an outlier, but I don't want a middle reliever as our first pitcher taken. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

HRs are likely a by-product of throwing more strikes this year. Seems to have the "stuff", but likely a RP which is fine with me.

Yep. I’m good with relievers in these rounds.  I think taking guys who maybe are under the radar because they were failed starters is a good strategy. May even be able to save a little money here as well.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yep. I’m good with relievers in these rounds.  I think taking guys who maybe are under the radar because they were failed starters is a good strategy. May even be able to save a little money here as well.

Totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Trace Bright at Auburn - 140 IP of 6.00 ERA and 149/63 K/BB

Chase Allsup at Auburn - 140 IP of 5.10 ERA and 159/66 K/BB

Thanks.  I couldn't think of who the prior Auburn pitcher was.  Interesting how they compare too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• My reading after watching the video, Dean took a different route than the questions intent. It’s a pretty generic question “the team hasn’t been able to get on the same page the hitting defense pitching etc. anything that can change with 3 weeks remaining?” id guess the expected answer is something about getting guys back from IL and finish the season strong. For some reason Dean used it as an opportunity to go a different route and talk about who plays 
    • I didn't know that pointing out a fact equated to crying,  but whatever.    I'm not taking up for how Elias has managed this team. I think they've made quite a few mistakes along the way that have diminished any long term window or pipeline. 
    • It seemed like he was responding to “does anything need to change?” and giving a non-answer.  It would be weird if he thought the issue was roster/lineup/bullpen decisions because there aren’t really great alternatives.
    • It was a frustrating loss for sure. 
    • Overall, Hyde is fine. I like him as the manager and I generally think people completely overrate what a manager is and does in today’s game. Most managers have the same in game strategies. The team is winning the last 3 seasons under him and he has pressed a lot of buttons correctly with pinch hitters this season. That said, the pitcher usage can be odd at times. Cano for 2 pitches last night is definitely head scratching. Now, that doesn’t mean we win or anything but I think it at least it increases your chances of winning. But they lost last night because of how much they expanded the zone. They could have scored way more runs in this series but they kept letting opportunities go by. One thing I noticed, especially with someone like OHearn, is almost as if they were trying to guide the ball to the monster. It’s an inviting target and wonder if they sometimes gets in their heads.
    • Thank you to Matt for providing the video.
    • And even with that, the Dodgers had a long stretch of being a 500ish team. They got a little healthier and starting winning more.
  • Popular Contributors