Trading for Tarik Skubal

Greg Pappas

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s also the hype died down too nationally. He went from 19 year old phenom to 20 year old struggling rookie. Nineteen just sounds so different in baseball. 

We’re talking about trading Mayo and Basallo too on here.  It’s not just Jackson. We might have to deal 1. Hopefully not 2. 

They aren't paying the price for Skubal and it doesn't matter how many threads get made on the OH about it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We had no idea he wasn't an elite athlete. 

Half of me wishes they'd trade him for 2 years of Skubal and when Skubal blows out and we get nothing out of him I'd hope that Holliday turns into an 8 WAR player, then I realize I'm an O's fan and that would suck.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I look at the Soto trade as a borderline disaster for the Padres, so this doesn’t do much to convince me. 

I don’t disagree. But it’s a comp. I think Elias wouldn’t do it if it includes Holliday/Basallo and Mayo. 

18 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I don’t disagree. But it’s a comp. I think Elias wouldn’t do it if it includes Holliday/Basallo and Mayo. 

Pitchers don't hold up like they used to.  It's a loose comp at best.

• Upvote 1

Holliday and Kjerstad as headliners with two more guys of their choice in the 6-10 range. 

This is not that I don’t believe in Holliday, more that I think including him allows us to keep both Mayo and Basallo.  

I may be willing to include Cowser instead of Kjerstad if they want.  

5 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

Holliday and Kjerstad as headliners with two more guys of their choice in the 6-10 range. 

This is not that I don’t believe in Holliday, more that I think including him allows us to keep both Mayo and Basallo.  

I may be willing to include Cowser instead of Kjerstad if they want.  

I’d be surprised if anyone has any interest in Cowser. He looks l8ke a 4th OF at best.

Honestly I have no interest in Skubal for anything close to what it would take.  Maybe he is healthy for the next 2.5 years but his size and delivery with all that movement just screams another TJS to me and we have him for 1 year at most.  The reward is very good if he stays healthy but the risk just seems way too big for me.