AL playoff picture

eddie83

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

My hope is still that the Minn series means nothing and we can give Adley and Gunnar multiple games off and set up our pitching 

Obviously they would want home field but they aren’t going to push pitchers to do it. Once they clinch a spot you get your pitching set up. 

The landscape will be much clearer after this weekend. 

Edited by eddie83

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Let’s hope they get more than that.  

Maybe our position is so strong we might want to steer the more dangerous Tigers towards the Houston and then Cleveland/New York 2nd seed.    Either that, or the Royals just dredge up too many bad memories and we want to get either us or them out of the 4/5 positions at all costs.    3/6 bonus....you know Elias would relish taking Corbin Burnes down to Houston!

A scientific decision process has to consider if we should lose some games on purpose this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Maybe our position is so strong we might want to steer the more dangerous Tigers towards the Houston and then Cleveland/New York 2nd seed.    Either that, or the Royals just dredge up too many bad memories and we want to get either us or them out of the 4/5 positions at all costs.    3/6 bonus....you know Elias would relish taking Corbin Burnes down to Houston!

A scientific decision process has to consider if we should lose some games on purpose this weekend.

They haven’t had much trouble doing that. 

I would rather avoid Houston myself. 

23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think I am right about this. Not 100%. 

If Orioles win two games this weekend and the Twins lose 2 they clinch. 

Twins lose head to head tiebreaker. Tigers would also lose to BAL in this scenario. 

The three way ties are a little confusing. I still think this particular scenario would clinch it. Obviously Orioles sweep would as well. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-playoff-tiebreaker-rules?adobe_mc=TS%3D1726777179|MCMID%3D77706257196539754447441907508700729121|MCORGID%3DA65F776A5245B01B0A490D44@AdobeOrg&rsid=mlbios.at.bat.new.implementation&affiliateId=mlbapp-ios_referral

Yes right now we wouldn’t have the tiebreaker in a 3 team tie scenario if we go 1-5 or worse vs the Twins and Tigers.  However 2 wins gets us to 6-6 in those 12 games round robin type and either the Twins or Tigers will be 1 game under which will give us the tie breaker advantage.  

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

We have a 5 game lead for a WC. I hope we get hot when the playoffs start, and all will be well.

Having a healthy Westburg, Urias, Coulombe, Webb... and hopefully Mountcastle and GRod... will be like trade deadline acquisitions in the last week of the season without giving up any players

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

The O's and that lineup aren't capable of going 0-9?

Anything is possible. Highly, highly improbable with odds of that happening being in the tiny decimals of a percentage point.