Gunnar or Witt try to be impartial?

bub668

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Who cares. Both are great players and superstars. Glad we’ve got one of them on our side for once. 

I think it's funny that stuff like this comes up when one guy is on a burner.

Witt almost hits for the cycle last night and has been on fire since the break.

And yea, they are both looking like they are going to have great careers.

Just now, GoldGlove21 said:

The questions should have been Adley and Gunnar or Witt, because we got both in the same round. If we took Witt there at #1 in 2019 would we have taken Gunnar at 42?

Draft, not round as Gunnar was the first pick in the 2nd round.

24 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

The questions should have been Adley and Gunnar or Witt, because we got both in the same round. If we took Witt there at #1 in 2019 would we have taken Gunnar at 42?

Yes I think they would have.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes I think they would have.

And then we'd have a 123-page thread about where to position both Witt and Henderson--not to mention the spinoff decisions about Westburg, Mayo, Holliday, et al. It would be like an endless replay of the "Who's on first" comedy routine. Plus, we could have another endless debate about who to play at catcher! But sure, sign me up for that scenario.

Edited by now

32 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it's funny that stuff like this comes up when one guy is on a burner.

Witt almost hits for the cycle last night and has been on fire since the break.

And yea, they are both looking like they are going to have great careers.

BW is 12-15 with 2 homers, 2 doubles, a triple and 6 RBI in four games since the break. That's Mountcastlesque. For the month of July he's hitting .508. That's pretty absurd and obviously not sustainable. 

They're both great players and Witt has come a long way with his defense (as recent as last year they were rumored to be considering moving him to the OF). Gunnar is the better defender and his game is less predicated on his legs than Witt and Gunnar is a year younger and $288 million cheaper. I think if it strikes him, Gunnar could approach that 30/30 season that Witt put up last year. Truly, I think Gunnar could be a 40/40 guy if he wanted.

I believe Gunnar will end the year something like:

.285/.375/.580 with 40 homers, 35 doubles, 10 triples, 30 SB and 100 RBI with around 100 walks. 

Witt will cool down at some point and I think that he'll end up somewhere in the:

.320/.360/.540 with 30ish homers, 45 doubles, 18 triples, 40 SB and 100 RBI with about 50 walks. 

You can't go wrong with either player but Gunnar is who I take 100 times out of 100 if for no other reason than the O's got Adley in the same draft. If Gunnar improves over this next year even half as much as BW has in his age 23 to age 24 season, Gunnar would become the most valuable player in baseball (unless Ohtani is pitching).