O's July swoon

wildcard

31 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Plus I didn't know signing TB would entail  us trading our top 4 prospects.

Unless you have info that I am not privy to.  If you do?

Please share. 

#@$% odd dude, they were two independent thoughts. 

When did we become a minor league team? How can so many guys be slumping at the same time? I almost want to see Fuller and Borg - whatever his stupid name is canned. I know that's emotional and really shouldn't happen. But I am tired of seeing them in the dugout when we've become such dogs. 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

Is this a country of innocent until proven guilty?  Yes or no? 

Not necessarily-it's certainly not if you are a member of the Players Association or anyone under a CBA-he submitted to a conduct clause when he signed his contract.

And once again he's not innocent-he was found GUILTY.

23 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Is this a country of innocent until proven guilty?  Yes or no?   Because last I knew he has not been proven guilty of ANYTHING.

Because I can show you 100s of players who violated the TOS of their various leagues but are still playing.

TB was blackballed because he was accused of something.....that he didn't do...during the ME TOO  George Floyd BLM woke era.  And MLB is afraid of the bad publicity that will come from reinstating him. 

Period.  End of story.    Believe it or not.  I don't care.  But that is 100% what this is about.  IMAGE.

I hear what you’re saying but you have answered the exact reason why Bauer isn’t in MLB anymore. If this was the NFL, he would have signed a long time ago. 

On the flip side someone may say well Marcell Ozuna is still in baseball. I personally think he should he banned but that’s not my decision.

Working as a sports manager for 9 years, 8 of those with college athletics here in the states and other countries, Bauer’s case is obviously extremely tricky to deal with. I haven’t followed the case as closely as others but you have to factor in clubhouse chemistry and how the team will perceive him as well; you’re a former college athlete correct? 

You would know as well as anyone it isn’t always as simple as hey let’s put this guy on our team solely cause he will help if there are potential issues that surround said player.

Not going to read through this entire thread but I do agree the O’s need serious reinforcements within, trade away certain veterans and Elias has to boost both the pen and rotation via trades.

2 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

It’s pretty amazing how all 4 of the top teams seemed to fall off at the exact same time.  As bad ad we have been we still hold the 3rd best record in the league.  Yankees, Guardians, Orioles, Mariners and Dodgers are all paying poorly. .  

I don’t think any of these teams ( Orioles included) will continue this rough spell for long . Soon things begin to regress opposite way 

For me everything rides on these next 6 days and what Elias does to fortify the roster

1. I think the hitting will bounce back. 
  2. I think the O's need at least 1 starter and 2 solid relievers. Maybe even an extra rental starter
  3. For #2, at worst I hope it only costs 1 of our big 3 prospects. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Orioles are 17-19 since they started wearing the TRowe Price patch. Corporate curse?

Yikes, no wonder the Orioles seem like a disappointment of late. I'll be honest, I typically don't pay attention too much to the standings until after the All-Star break, but I hope this run will encourage Elias to come out of shell of reluctance and safety. He need to be willing to bring in some impact pitching and allow some of the young players to play. 

There is no doubt this team has been sleep walking as their pitching staff, which has been decimated by injuries, has declined to the point that major upgrades need to be made. 

The hitting can be fixed internally if they would actually bring up Mayo and allow Kjerstad and Cowser to play most days.  

• Upvote 2