Clubhouse issues?

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Norby and Kjerstad are what they are defensively. Gunnar has all the ability in the world, he just needs to perform better. And I think he will. Right now he’s just scuffling/in a funk and his offensive struggles seem to be impacting his defense.

The runs thing will eventually turn around IMO. The hitters are too good and the org/coaching is too smart not to identify the problem and make the proper adjustment.

Right now, we are way too aggressive/swing happy. We are going to have to become more patient as a team and be willing to take a “pass the baton” approach. That and get away from trying to hunt home runs all the time.

But overall, if you look at our pitching over the last month or so (since the Bradish injury), the results cannot sustain any kind of success. We are giving up over 5.5 runs a game going beyond 30 games now.

Norby looks fine to me so far…. Tripping appeared to be nerves to me and I’m willing to give him a pass. Kjerstad needs to be grommet at 1B or just DH imo. Maybe hidden in RF…but playing him in LF here is beyond stupid. Even before last night I’ve said several times that he just looks shaky.

Roch on the pregame show did wonder aloud if Hays' agent asked for a trade.

Once the roster composition settles, we'll see in August and after what leadership optics look like.

Eflin and Seranthony arguably have had more postseason success than any of Burnes or Kimbrel, and of course Adley and Gunnar.

Hays I 100% think he was bitter and resentful. About a month ago he had a decently big game and they interviewed him on field and he didn’t even seem happy. Then, Melanie asked him what it was like to be in left field with the (I don’t remember what it was called) Cowser cheering section. He did not seem amused at all. So yeah, prob another reason it was best he was traded. 

• Upvote 1