Snell an Oriole possibility?

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don't buy the Snell rumors.  The Giants are in a pretty good position to go on a run with their rotation and their remaining SOS is one of the easiest in MLB.  

Yeah, the article notably says the O's checked on Snell, not that he is available. Good sign at least that we might be in on some of the top arms. 

Snell is going to cost a whole lot less than a what I’m seeing most people expect, unless the Giants are putting up money to cover some of his $31M next year if he doesn’t opt out. 

He was available to every team until April this year on the deal he’s on now. He’s already played out half the year he’s signed to (and was both hurt and terrible until his last 4 starts, by the way), but still has the potential $31M down the drain if he gets hurt.

I'd roll the dice provided the price isn't too terribly high.

According to Tony's power rankings, our 9 and 10 prospects are Aron Estrada and Luis DeLeon. If they wanted those guys and two more in the 20-30 range of our prospects, I'd be tempted to roll the dice. I'd rather give them someone like Dylan Beavers than DeLeon though.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If it's two top 10 guys, they can have 9 and 10, and no whining about it..  I would believe Snell opts out.

I also just don't like the dude, either.  

I would like them to add Logan Webb, wishful thinking!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

Please NO. Clubhouse problem who throws 4 2/3 innings per start. That 30 million would be FAR better spent on Burnes. 

With a payroll this low, there should be money to do both. 

You can never have too much good pitching (as this season is proving). 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, NJOriolesFan said:

Is the two top 10, a team’s top 10 or overall top 10?

would you give up Norby, Fabian, McDermott, Cook & Mullins for Snell and Doval?  We pick up all money in deal

Yes.

2 hours ago, Sammy Seagull said:

Talks have opened again with the giants regarding Snell. They want 4 guys for Snell including 2 top ten prospects. Hopefully Elias laughed and hung up.

Don’t think so … he will cost decent prospects. If he gets hurt your stuck with his $31 million salary next year. 

2 hours ago, Sammy Seagull said:

Talks have opened again with the giants regarding Snell. They want 4 guys for Snell including 2 top ten prospects. Hopefully Elias laughed and hung up.

Only way the Giants get that kind of return is if they eat the remainder of the contract.